14 ➳ surprises and coffees

can we pls talk about the attached picture bc I'm dying over here

|-/

On thursday, aka the next day, I had to do a morning shift at the radio station but I didn't mind because I was the only one, beside Tom, who had just finished his shift, who was at the station this early in the morning and it was so chill.

I went to the staff room, made myself some coffee and then headed into the recording studio.

I was only wearing black leggings and an oversized sweater because, I didn't know why, but I was always cold in the mornings, plus I wanted to be as comfortable as possible.

"Goooooood morning on this lovely Thursday. I'm Bethany and I hope I can make your morning a good one with one of Justin Bieber's new songs, featuring Halsey and loads more." I opened the morning show and played The Feeling while sipping my coffee and sitting cross-legged on my spinning chair.

-♡-

Two hours and four tired people calling to request a song later, I was still alone in the studio. My shift wasn't over till one more hour so I didn't expect anyone to come to work yet.

Just after I'd announced the next 3 songs and turned off my mic again, I saw the door to the pre-recording-studio-room open and a tall guy walking in.

I smiled as I saw him and walked out of the recording studio to greet him.

"What are you doing here?" I still smiled and hugged him.

"I heard you on the radio and thought I'd pick you up from your shift so we can go get some coffee or something." Calum smiled and hugged me.

"Well you're a bit early, I still have 50 minutes to go." I hugged him back and then leaned back again.

"I don't care, I'll just watch you talking into a microphone." he grinned and I pushed him slightly, followed by a giggle.

"Don't be a creep, Hood."

"I was born a creep, Allen." he winked and I couldn't help but giggle again.

"If you want to do something productive you could surprise some of your friends." I smiled, grabbed his hand and dragged him into the recording studio with me.

"Well, since I'm here." he shrugged and sat down beside me.

After the third song had ended, I announced that I wanted to talk about 5sos for the last part of my shift and said that 5sos fans should call in.

It didn't take long till we had the first few callers. My plan was working out and I felt hella proud.

"Hello, this is Beth, who am I talking to?" I answered the first one and put her live on the radio already.

"Hi Beth! I'm Gabby and I love 5sos." the girl said happily.

"Nice to meet you. So who's your favourite member then?" I asked.

"Hm..I actually love them all but I think I like Ashton a little bit more than the others."

"That's sweet. Let's pretend I have 5sos here right now, what would you say to them?"

"Uhm...I'd just want to thank them for being amazing and making me a happy person. Not only their music makes me happy but also their personalities..I just love them." Gabby answered and I smiled at Calum to come in now.

"Hi Gabby, it's Calum here. Thank you for being such a supportive fan, we love you too."

"OhmygoDOH MY GOD HI." the girl freaked out on the other line and I giggled because that could be me.

"Hi." Calum giggled as well and I think Gabby died.

"Okay Gabby we gotta hang up now but thank you for calling." I told her.

"Thank you so much Beth, I love you and I love Calum as well."

"We love you too, bye." I smiled and the hung up and started a song.

"That was cool." Calum smiled and I nodded.

"You probably made her life complete."

"It feels great." he still smiled and I smiled back.

-♡-

After Calum and I had talked to a few more fans, my shift was over and we had to leave through the secret back door because there were like 100 5sos fans waiting at the main entrance.

"Don't get me wrong, I would've loved to meet the fans at the station but it would've taken too long and I really needed my coffee." Calum giggled as we walked out of starbucks with our coffees.

"Yeah I get it, it must be hard to get chased by fans all the time." I stated and took a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah but it's also nice to know that people will support us through everything. Even though a bit more privacy would be good sometimes." he smiled weakly and drank his coffee as well.

"If you ever need to get away from all the fame, you know where to find me." I winked at him which caused him to laughed.

"Yeah sure, next time I'm in Europe and I feel sad I'll just come over to your place." he joked and I hit his arm.

"Shut up, you know what I mean." I giggled and he did as well.

"Yeah yeah, thanks, I appreciate it." he nudged me arm and I nodded.

"By the way, did you talk to Michael yesterday?" I asked, remembering that he was pretty weird on the phone yesterday, he had also ignored all my texts.

"Not really, he was pretty pissed at everyone all day." he shrugged.

"Do you know where he is now?"

"Well we have the morning off today so he should still be at the hotel. If you want to we can go there." he smiled genuinely and I agreed.

|-/

calum is so cute I could cry

this is supposed to be a michael fanfic but my calum feels are taking over

sorry

I'm malum af

- toriiiii