24 ➳ another day, another michael

2 months later
Of course Michael didn't call me every single day.
But I understood why so I wasn't mad.
I was just lonely.

"Beth come on, they promised you that they'd come back. Cheer up a bit." Leyla tried to lighten up the mood, probably because we were about to go live and who would want to listen to an emo radio host?

"You're right, let's talk about Brendon Urie." I smiled and clicked the button to go on air.

"Hello and good morning to all our lovely listeners out there. To hit off your day in the most perfect way possible, we're gonna bless your ears by playing Victorious by Panic, sorry, PANIC! at The Disco, enjoy." I started the show and then the song, turning off my mic again shortly afterwards.

"Why don't you just call him?" Leyla asked, bringing back the subject from a minute ago.

"I have, a few times actually, but he declined my call every time. He's just too busy." I shrugged.

"Don't just shrug this off like it's nothing. You love him so you gotta do something."

"I wouldn't call it love..I mean, we've only kissed once and that wasn't even a real kiss, it was just to say goodbye." I explained.

"Oh please, only because you two haven't made out doesn't mean you don't care about each other." Leyla said, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Well, he obviously doesn't care enough about me or he would've at least texted me, saying that he won't have time for me this month, or this year..." I sighed.

"Jesus...why are band members so dramatic, why can't they all be like Brendon Urie?" Leyla sighed as well before we both started to laugh.

"Let's stop talking about this please and continue with our show."

"Good idea." I agreed and klicked the button to go live once again.

|-/

A few hours later, after Leyla and I had finished our shift at the radio station, we'd both decided to go out for lunch together. Right after that Leyla had to leave again so I had no other choice but to go home as well, since I had nowhere else to be.

When I entered my apartment, I realised that I actually didn't have anything to do at all so I just put my Vessel CD into my CD-player and started cleaning room after room while jamming to the Twenty One Pilots songs, pretending to be a rap-god like Tyler Joseph.

I was just about to start my vacuum-cleaner while Fake You Out was blarring through the living room, when suddenly I heard my doorbell. I quickly turned down the volume and strutted to my door and opened it.

"Bethany, isn't it?" a stronger built guy with brown hair, who looked a bit older than me asked.

"I'm sorry for the loud music, I didn't think any of my neighbours would be home at this time of the day. I'll keep it down from now on." I apologised quickly because I'd already guessed why that guy was standing at my door.

"Oh, no no, I don't live here. I'm here because of your work, your boss told me that I'd find you here. Can I come in?" the guy smiled.

"Uhm..I guess." I hesitated because after all I had no clue who this guy was and he could be lying about everything. Still I stepped aside and let the brownie inside.

"I'm Michael by the way." he smiled again, standing in the middle of the living room.

"I'm Beth, but I guess you already know that. You can sit down by the way." I pointed to the sofa and it didn't take that Michael guy long to follow my suggestion.

"So what's this all about?" I asked curiously, standing a bit away from the sofa with my arms crossed.

"I was at the radio station and wanted to organise an interview with you when Ryan told me that you'd already left hours ago so he gave me your adress and that's why I'm here." he explained but I was still slightly confused.

"Wait, and interview? But I have no idea who you are and I don't think my listeners wo-"

"Oh dear lord, no, not an interview with me, dear. I'm just the tour manager trying to organise this." he cut me off and giggled.

"Oh.." I cleared my throat, feeling quite embarrassed. "Who am I interviewing then?"

"Twenty One Pilots."

"Wait, am I being punk'd?"

"Nope."

"Wait so you're TØP's tour manager?"

"Yup."

"And you want me to interview them?"

"Exactly. Maybe they can perform a song or two live on radio as well?"

"Oh my god, yes! Yes of course they can, my listeners will love it and so will I! When did you have in mind to do the interview?"

"Well we're only here till a few hours after the show on Wednesday." Michael said.

"But that's tomorrow." I stated the obvious.

"Do you think you can handle this?"

"Sure, I'll just tweet it out and make my co-worker share it on his show that Josh and Tyler will be on my show tomorrow evening." I smiled.

"Thank you so much for doing this. Here's my number, just text me the time and we'll be there." he said, handing me his business card.

"Great, I can't wait." I smiled again and shook his hand before we said our goodbyes and he left again.

Well, maybe not all Michaels were a pain in the ass...

|-/

I ran out of ideas
I hope you dont mind that I'm bringing other bands into this lol

love youuuuu
- tori ❤️