23 ➳ goodbye

UPDATE:
-I survived all my exams and tests two weeks ago

-I wanted to update last week but I was too excited for my tøp concert

-I also wanted to update yesterday but I was a wreck all day bc I'd met josh the night before

-I'm still emo so sorry if this chapter sucks (also sorry for typos)

|-/

The day had come.
The day on which Michael and the rest of 5SOS had to leave L.A. again to get to their next destination on their little promo tour through the US.

Yesterday night Michael had texted me that I should come to their hotel next morning so we could say our goodbyes and I really hadn't been looking forward to that.

Just now when I'd grown close to all of them, they had to leave again. And being the emotional person I am, I knew I was going to cry.

Which I currently was.

"It's fine, Beth. I promise you we'll be back soon. I'll call you every day and we can live-text each other during new episodes of The Flash." Michael tried to cheer me up while I cried into his shoulder.

"I know but I'm an emotional person, I can't help it." I sniffed and leaned back from him again.

"You're way too pretty to be sad." Michael whispered so only I could hear it, which made me smile at him but at the same time get even more broken because he had to leave.

"God, Beth, come here." he sighed and embraced me again. Not much later the other guys all joined as well and we were having a huge group hug.

"I love you guys." I said after letting out a big breath as we all losened up again.

"We love you too, some more than others." Ashton winked at me, quickly glimpsed into Michael's direction, hugged me one more time and then left the lobby and headed to their van.
Seconds later, Luke and Calum gave me quick hugs as well before leaving and suddenly Michael and I were the only ones left.

"What was that?" I giggled confused and pointed into the direction of the guys with one hand, while whiping away my tears with the other one.

"I-uhm, I want to tell you something before I leave." Michael cleared his throat while nervously fumbling with his fingers.

"Uhm, okay?"

"You know when I told you last week that you were my first crush ever?" he asked and I nodded in response. "Well, that kinda hasn't changed. The moment I saw you at our first interview, all the feelings from the past came back, even though I didn't know that it was you back then at the club in Sydney."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah..I know it's stupid of me to say all this now when I'm leaving but I just didn't have the balls to do it earlier." he giggled.

"How come you have the balls now?" I teased him.

"Because, in case you didn't feel the same way and it would get awkward between us, I'd be leaving anyway."

"Wow you've really thought this through." I stated impressed.

"So what do you say? Do I have a reason to be happy to leave?"

"It depends on whether you think that me liking you the same way is a thing that makes you sad or not." I grinned and as soon as I'd said that, Michael's face lit up like a christmas tree.

Not literally.

"Does this mean I can get a goodbye kiss?" he asked sheepishly.

"If you want to?"

"I'd love to." he grinned so I walked closer to him.

"Smooth." I giggled and looked directly into his green eyes.

"I learned from the best." he smiled and stared back into my eyes.

After we both didn't have anything left to say, we both started leaning in slowly till we felt each other's lips on our own.

"This is not a 'goodbye', okay? This is a 'see you soon'." Michael whispered to me after the kiss.

"Okay, see you soon then, Flash." I smiled at him while still holding his hands.

"See you soon, female Flash." he smiled back at me and kissed my forehead before he left the lobby, and left my life.

For now.