26 ➳ explanation

Michael's POV

"Ash have you seen my red flannel?" I asked, trying to find it in my still not unpacked suitcase.

"No I haven't." Ashton answered, sounding quite annoyed while he typed away on his phone.

"Woah, what peed into your coffee, mate?" I asked curiously because normally Ashton was the happy one in the morning.

"You." he said in the same annoyed tone as before.

"What? What did I do?" I asked confused.

"Bryana told me about your skype call with her from two days ago..."

"Oh."

"Why are you ignoring Beth? I thought you loved her?"

"I do but-"

"But what? Please explain." he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Remember when I dated Laurel?" I started.

"The girl from New York?"

"Exactly. I thought we loved each other, well, that's until she ditched me because I went back to Australia for a week to visit my family. And do you remember Marie?"

"The girl you dated before Laurel?"

"She ditched me right before we went on tour with 1D."

"Michael what's your point here?"

"Girls tend to ditch me because they're not ready for long distance relationships. That's why I'm ignoring Beth. I want to test whether she still loves me even when I'm away and don't always have time to call and text her. or not."

"This is ridiculous." Ashton half snorted.

"Why? I want to see if this is real between us or not."

"But you can't just ignore her completely?! She thinks she did something wrong and that you hate her, man."

"I don't hate her, I jus-"

"Then fucking tell her before she gives up on you!" Ashton interrupted me.

"What exactly did Bryana tell you?" I asked, being a bit concerned now.

"She said that Beth didn't even show any emotion when you ended the skype call when you saw her. You need to fix this Michael or you'll lose her for good."

"Shit, maybe you're right.."

"Of course I am, man. Now go call her and explain this mess."

"Fine."

"Good."

"Good."

And with that I grabbed out my phone and walked into the bathroom of our hotel room.