Chapter Thirty| Baby

October, 2014

Audri's POV

It marked almost two months since Justin left to go on tour. Things got kind of rocky before he left, but we managed to work it out in what little time we had. I saw him once in the two months and he called a few times a week to check on the baby. I had Braxton hicks contractions, which meant Poppy was going to make an appearance very soon.

Last month, Pattie spent a whole week with me. During her visit she was very helpful and nurturing. We spent some quality time shopping for Poppy and decorating his gray and white nursery. I'm glad that I didn't have to do it alone, but having a piece of Justin with me made it that much more special. I also decided that I was going to stay at Justin's since I really didn't have any extra space for the baby at my condo.

Auriella and I had taken over his house since he left. Although, I stayed by myself a lot since she started college. Chaley thankfully came over a few times a week to help me clean and just to keep me company. I even managed to earn enough credits for an associate's degree. I mean, I still had a long way to go, but it was progress.

Saturday

I was in the baby's nursery folding up monogrammed blankets and stacking diapers. After finishing up the tidying, I waddled over to the closet where all the clothes that I had ordered were neatly hanging on their hangers. I smiled at the thought of holding my baby boy in my arms.

The nursery door creaked open and my heart started to pace. I didn't see any shadows or hear any footsteps so I grabbed the cute "L" shaped lamp that sat atop the weathered gray wood dresser. I peeped out the door into the dark hall. I got a little weird being at home by myself especially when there weren't many lights illuminating the place. I had never lived alone until I moved to Los Angeles and I certainly hadn't lived in a house this big all by myself.

"What were you planning to do with that?" A familiar masculine chuckle filled my ears. I turned to my left, instantly feeling relieved and surprised all at the same time. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gently kissed my lips.

"Why do you have to sneak up on me like that? You could send me into labor you know," I laughed.

His giggle flowed into my ears before he left kisses all over my face. "I wanted to surprise you, baby. I didn't mean to scare you."

"What are you even doing here?" I questioned. I honestly didn't care that he was home early. Actually I was relieved that I wouldn't have to try to get myself to the hospital if I went into labor while I was home alone.

"A short break. I didn't want you to worry about being alone when you go into labor. I also missed you really bad," he kissed my jaw.

I smiled brightly and grabbed his hand with my free one, pulling him into the nursery. My hand slipped out of his as I placed the lamp back on the dresser. "You like it? Your mom helped me decorate," I shoved my hands in the back pockets of my jeans.

"I love it. He's definitely going to know how to spell his name before he can even talk," Justin laughed.

I missed his laugh, his voice, and his presence in general. I stood behind him and smiled to myself like an idiot.

"I'm gonna order some dinner. Are you hungry?" he asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Normally I would say yes, but I've been trying not to eat anything heavy after dark. I get major heartburn," I grimaced at the thought.

He sauntered over to me, lifted my t-shirt, and leaned over. "Be nice to your mommy, she's been taking good care of you while daddy was working," his lips brushed against my skin before I felt them press against my very round belly.