Chapter Three| Something New

Audri's POV

I woke up extremely happy this morning. I fortunately didn't have to work and I was having lunch with Justin in a few hours. I know I didn't even like the guy yesterday, but I really felt like I made some assumptions about him that may not have been true. It wouldn't hurt to get to know him and make a new friend.

After checking all of my notifications on my iPhone, I rolled out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom. I showered and got dressed then went downstairs towards the aroma of breakfast. I knew this scent all too well. Dad was making his famous French toast.

As I walked around the corner I was surprised to see my family along with Tristen and Leah. I guess no one was working today because it was a little past ten and normally I was the last to leave.

"Hey Audri," my dad smiled at me.

"Hey dad, you're off today?"

"No, I'm going in a little later. I wanted to make breakfast for you guys."

"Thanks daddy," I said as I walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

While greeting everyone else, I tried my best to avoid Tristen. I was starting to get over him, but it still hurt to think about it. He caught my eye and gave me a slight smile. I quickly looked away wishing that he would disappear.

After a very awkward breakfast with my family, everyone started to leave. Dad went to work, Judith went shopping with her best friend Lisa, while Judah and Leah were off grocery shopping.

I was expecting Tristen to leave when Judah did, but he just sat on the couch watching television, which wasn't out of the norm. Tristen sometimes stayed at our house when no one was home. Weirdo.

I told my dad that I would do dishes since I had some time to kill before lunch with Justin and as I was washing the dishes, I was totally alarmed by someone snaking their arms around me.

"Need some help?" Tristen asked.

"Have you lost your damn mind? Get your hands off of me!" I shouted.

"Baby you're not still mad at me, are you?"

This nigga has some damn nerves to think I would forget all the bullshit he put me through. "I can't believe you," I replied in shock.

He released me from his grip and turned me around, sincerely looking me in my eyes, "Audri, I really do love you and I always have. What I did was a mistake and I really am sorry. I want to try this again, baby. I know we can make this work," he pleaded.

I can't believe I was even giving this a second thought. I really did love Tristen, but he gave her a piece of him that I never got to experience. My love for him was so deep, but sometimes you have to just let go. "Tristen, I'll always love you. You're an amazing person and great friend and I hope we can get back to that. I forgive you, but we can't be together anymore."

He had a look of defeat in his eyes. I gave him a small smile, got on my tippy toes, and gave him a peck on the cheek. He returned the smile and embraced me. Before letting me go, he moved the hair from my face and kissed my forehead and whispered, "I still love you, but I understand." With that, he turned around and headed for the door, leaving me to wash the dishes alone.

That was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but it was time for me to get myself together. I finished up the dishes and headed upstairs to freshen up. When I finally felt that I looked decent, it was 1:30.

"Audri go already," I told myself. For some reason I felt nervous, but I let out a loud sigh and made my way out of the house. Once I hopped into my car, I made my way to Sway to meet up with Justin.