Chapter Thirteen| First Impression

Audri's POV

It was Sunday and my family decided to go to church, my whole family. The day was certain to be awkward. Tristen didn't know about any of this and neither did Janine's son, David Jr. I could already see that it was going to be an exhausting day. Why the hell did my dad even agree to this? I needed to find a way to get out of it.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. "Audri Lee, get up for church." I wished he would go away. This was overwhelming as hell, our family grew entirely too much over the course of a month. First, it was daddy, Judah, Judith, and I. Now, we've got supposed babies, whorish ex-friends, a deadbeat mother, a boyfriend-stealing sister, and an illegitimate little brother.

"I'm not feeling well," I shouted back.

My dad opened the door immediately, "Now!"

"Daddy, I'm on my period so I can't go."

He rolled his eyes at me, "I'll deal you later." Then he turned around and closed his door.

I smiled to myself and celebrated my mini victory. It's not even that time of the month. I rolled over my smooth white sheets and reached for my phone on the nightstand. It's 9:15...hmm, I wonder if Justin is awake yet. I pressed the green button. It rang a few times before he picked up.

"Hey baby," he said groggily. I smiled to myself. I love him so much.

"Hey there, handsome."

"Stop Audri, you're making me blush," he laughed into the receiver.

"Do you and your mom want to go to an early brunch instead?" I asked.

"What about your family dinner?" he asked. "And aren't you supposed to be going to church right now?" he added.

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and pass on that."

"Oh, umm alright. I'll go ask my mom, maybe she can cook something here."

"That would be great. Hey, can you swing by in half an hour and pick me up?"

"Sure love," he said.

"Alright Justin, thanks," I replied feeling brighter. For some reason I had this attachment to him and it was a love/hate feeling.

"See you soon."

"Okay. When you get here, don't get out of the car. I'll meet you around the corner".

"BA-" Before he could answer, I hung up. I knew he would object.

I threw my legs over the side of my bed and headed straight for my closet. I pulled out a nice white top with a navy blue blazer. I grabbed my boyfriend jeans from the drawer and headed to my bathroom. I got ready rather quickly. I slicked down my edges and threw my hair up in a bun. Done.

I grabbed my phone and my phone case, which doubled as a wallet. It was 9:42. I snuck down the stairs and made it out of the front door without anyone noticing. I walked down the street a little; thank God these wedges were comfortable. As soon as I was about to take a seat on the curb, my beautiful boyfriend pulled up. He was about to open his door and let me in, but I glared at him and got in by myself. "I told you not to get out," I said immediately.

"Good morning to you too baby," he chuckled.

I pecked him on the cheek, "Good morning babe, sorry I'm just really stressed out."

He reached over and grabbed my hand. "I forgive you but first I need a proper kiss." 

I rolled my eyes. "Can you pull away from my house first?"