Chapter Fourteen| No More Drama

Judah's POV

We were all seated at the dinner table. It was super crowded and you could cut the tension with a knife. Dad was pissed that Audri kept lying and disappearing. She skipped out on church and he had no idea where she was. I understand where she was coming from though. Dad kind of went easy on Janine when she just came back like nothing happened. Audri seemed to be taking it the hardest out of all of us.

Shes arrived a little late with Justin and his mother. Dad, Janine, and Auriella were all sitting next to one another. Judith sat to my right and Kenzie sat on the other side of me as Tristen was across from Kenzie, next to Pattie, Justin, and Audri.

Dad made ribs, macaroni, greens, fried chicken, and cornbread. I was starving and the food smelled so good. As soon as dad finished saying grace, we all dug in.

"So Audri, where have you been all day?" he asked.

She looked up from her plate and gave him a blank stare, "Uhh, I was with Justin and Pattie."

He gave her a stern look, "You owe your family an apology."

She dropped her fork and his eyebrows rose. "It's not going to happen," she said.

"It will and you watch the way you talk to me in my house."

"That's hilarious dad. I miss church and you want to crucify me, but she misses her children grow up and you practically propose."

"Audri, cool it," Justin interrupted, setting his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she apologized.

"The food is delicious, Aiden," Justin's mom intervened as she could probably sense the tension. Dad thanked her with an appreciate smile.

"Janine helped a little," he turned his head toward Janine's and smiled at her, which made Auriella roll her eyes.

"This is fucking sick," she shook her head in disgust.

"Auriella Barker, watch your mouth girl," Janine scolded. I was starting to think that this was a bad idea. "Pattie, Justin, and McKenzie, it was lovely to meet you," Janine added.

"Wait, Janine. I have a few more things to get off of my chest," Audri spoke. She sat back down and I knew this was going to be the beginning of a whole lot of bullshit. "First daddy, I'm moving out. I think it's time for me to have my own space." Before dad could answer, she continued. "Janine, I'm just not okay with this whole thing yet so it's going to take some time." She turned to me. Oh great. "Judah, I love you but there's something you need to know." I glared at her, praying that she wasn't going to embarrass me. "Mckenzie isn't carrying your baby."

I glared at her, "Audri, stop please."

A tear fell from McKenzie's eyes. "She's right," she confirmed.

I immediately got up from the table and headed towards the living room, sitting down at at the edge of the couch. I could still hear Audri talking.

"I sincerely apologize for all of the drama I've caused, I'm working on it. Justin you make me continue to analyze myself and I'm so thankful for you. You make me want to be a better person for you. I honestly don't deserve you. Pattie, I'm really sorry that this is your first impression of me and my family."

I heard footsteps walk towards me. I looked up and it was McKenzie. "Judah, I'm really sorry. Don't be mad at Audri, she was just looking out for you."

"Why would you lie to me about something like this?" I asked in disbelief.

"I honestly can't begin to explain this to you. Please know that I respect you so much and I'm sorry for hurting you." With that, she left.