Chapter Five| Thought of You

Audri's POV

A week went by since Justin left for California and he still hadn't responded to my text. I poured out my feelings, which wasn't easy for me, and he was being a dick by ignoring it. I only knew that because he had his read receipt turned on. I vowed never to chase after a man and I was sticking to that. I guess he changed his mind about us so only thing for me to do was move on. 

Thankfully I had a lot to keep me busy in Atlanta. My relationship with Judah was closer than ever since he found out about the abortion. He wasn't talking to Leah at all and that was killing both of them. To cheer him up, we were going on a nice family outing. Guess who planned it...Judith did. Surprising, I know. Our dad and Tristen were tagging along and I wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. Tristen hadn't really been at the house since that day.

The Next Day

Since Tristen was going with the family, I decided it was best that I stayed home to avoid any awkward situations. I was home a lot and that's because I quit my job. I hated it there and I needed to focus on school more anyway. 

I was watching television on my dad's special oversized ottoman when I saw Justin's face flash on the screen. As I listened to the reporter give the details, I was a little disappointed. Although I was seriously mad at him, all I wanted to do was defend him. He didn't deserve all the ridicule that he was receiving. Just as I turned the channel my phone lit up. I immediately recognized the ringtone and my heart audibly dropped into my stomach. I pulled myself up from the soft cushions just in time as I snapped out of my trance and answered the phone. "Hello," I tried to swallow the lump in my throat.

"Hey there beautiful," he said sweetly and oddly I could tell that he was smiling just by the sound of his voice.

I shifted unevenly as if he was watching me. "Are you okay?" I asked as I hugged the soft chevron pillow that sat in my lap; wishing it were Jhim.

"Yes, Audri. I am just fine," he sighed rather loudly.

"Then why haven't you called?" I asked curiously.

"You needed space."

"So, are you going to respond to my message?" I challenged. I couldn't help but nervously pull the fabric from the ottoman; it was the only thing that was holding me up.

"I think you need more time, Audri."

"Then why did you call?" I asked in desperation, feverishly biting on my nails.

"I needed to hear your voice." 

Before I could get another word out, he told me goodbye and the line went dead. I sat there all alone and his words seemed to make the room grow lonelier. I was really confused about the conversation and I wondered when he was going to call me back. I did my best to fight them, but the brigade of tears pushed their way past my eyelids. Why was I crying over this douche bag? I had never been so affected by someone in such a short time. It's like someone casted a spell on me. 

Not wanting to be alone anymore, I pushed myself up from the couch with the help of the sturdy but modern coffee table. I walked across the plush carpet to retrieve my phone from the floor, hoping that it wasn't damaged. I picked up the sleek and naked device, examining it to find any damage that might have occurred. After I let out a sigh of relief I unlocked my phone and sent a text to my girls in our group message,👯B&H💸 which stood for 'Bitches & Hoes'. Sierra came up with the name and we never changed it. I asked if it was possible for them to come over for a girls day. Nina replied saying that she had to go to class and to be honest, I wasn't too disappointed. McKenzie was visiting her grandparents in Savannah. My only hope was Sierra. I sent a silent prayer to God, hoping that I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my day sulking.