The girl

Taylor's P.O.V

When mum arrived she made us coffee and biscuits. She put the spaghetti Bolognese she made for is on the heating tray ready for us whenever we were ready. Mum said that we should sleep in separate beds tonight because of Rachel's state. We agreed but I wasn't going to sleep in a separate room so I said I would sleep on the sofa in Rach's room.

We ate our dinner and once we finished we said our goodbyes to mum then I carried Rach up the stairs. I put her into bed and tucked her in. I kissed her lips very softly then asked her "Is there anything else you want darling?" She looked up at me and started to cry. I quickly sat down n pulled her into my arms. She kept on crying and I didn't understand why. I rubbed her back and whispered in her ear "Baby shhhh it's okay I'm here you're safe. I love you shh. shhhh. what's wrong?" She sniffled n buried her face in my chest. I lay down carefully pulling her with me and kept rubbing her back. I kissed her head then said "Baby please talk to me." I pulled her head up until our lips met then wiped her tears away. She sighed and put her head in my chest again. She croaked "Please don't leave me. Please don't sleep on the sofa. Sleep here with me. I need you. I need to explain something." I squeezed her and said "Of course I'll stay with you, I'm not going to leave you. Now, let's get to the explaining." Rach kissed my chest then started to talk "Okay well in the hospital before you came in to see me, someone else came to see me." I didn't understand how or what she was on about but I said okay and told her to continue so she did. "I haven't been completely honest with you." I started to get worried now. "A few weeks back maybe around 6. I had a thing with someone. It had been going on for a few weeks and we snuck around everywhere and made love at least two times a day. But I started to realize that they weren't the one I wanted to be with. And I realized that I was in love with someone else. You. And I didn't find passion in anything we did. I just told them that I didn't want to see them anymore. But they didn't take it very well. They refused to stop seeing me and they turned up everywhere I went. Until 3 weeks ago. You invited me to the country club. She followed me there. I saw her in the bar when we were having lunch. When we were in the pool they were on a sun bed. But then when we went into the changing rooms they saw us go into the same cubicle. And when we got out I checked my phone and I had a text saying 'you win-you broke my heart' and I hadn't seen them ever since today. They were there when I woke up. And I thought it was you but when I realized it wasn't my heart dropped like a bomb. I thought you had forgotten about me. And they made it out to be that way. They said they had been by my side all night. And you had gone home." I interrupted her and said firmly "NO. They wouldn't FuZcking let me see you! I sat in that room for hours on end!!" Rach rubbed my arm and said "No I know that I don't get how they got in. but anyways they tried to make me leave you. And they said that you were cheating on me. And that you didn't actually love me. And that you thought I was a burden. And that broke my heart. Obviously I knew that wasn't true but there was a chance it could be true. But they just said lots of bad stuff about you. And they said that I should've chosen them. And they kissed me. I'm so sorry, I promise I pushed her off me as soon as she did and-" I cut her off with "She?" Rach's face dropped as she said "What no? I said they." I sat up and said "Rachel please just be honest I won't care if you're honest." Rach sighed and continued "Fine yes she. But that doesn't matter. She kissed me and I pushed her off me. She tried to make me love her but I couldn't because I love you too much. She never made me anywhere near as happy as you make me. That's why I kept apologizing when you came in. But she means nothing to me. You're all I want." I stood up then turned the sofa into a sofa bed. I went back to Rach and kissed her cheek goodnight. Then walked away. Rach didn't do anything but I could hear her crying. But I ignored it and just went to sleep. Just before I fell asleep I heard Rach say through her tears "I'm so fucking sorry. I love you." It broke my heart to ignore her but I was too mad. I just needed sleep. And we could talk in the morning.