Chapter 5

Lilisa was now the lady of Lorthlorien. Her parents Galadirel and Celeborn had passed the responsibilities of the kingdom down to her. She was also given the powers of Galadirel. Lilisa was now in charge of Lorthlorien.

She was walking up the steps of the palace, when one of her guards came running up to her side. She kept walking up the steps and the guard was telling her some dreadful news. When she reached the end of the steps, she turned to the guard.

"Prepare my horse, I must travel to Mirkwood to meet up with Mirkwood's Lord." ordered Lilisa.

The guard nodded his head and left Lilisa. The guard had told her that a small army of Mirkwood elves are preparing for battle. There was a report saying that some loose pack of orcs were near, and that they needed to be ended before any damage was done. Lilisa was brought this news because the Mirkwood elves needed help. She has responded to their message and is now preparing to meet the lord of Mirkwood.

She headed to her room, where she changed into a much more comfortable and maneuvering dress. The dress was a grey color, but a little darker. Her hair was put into a french braid, with her silver leafed band placed on her head. She tied her sword holsters to her waist and thought what else she needed.

When she realized she had everything, she headed out of her room. She walked down the steps toward the stables. The elf guard was holding her saddled horse, waiting for her arrival. Two guards were also standing by their horses for her. She walked over to the guard and thanked him for saddling and tending to her horse. She hopped on her horse, along with the guards who did the same.

She told the guards what they are supposed to do, which was making sure she would make it to Mirkwood safe. Lilisa kicked her horse forward, walking out of the stable, with the guards behind her. They were on one of the forests paths now. Lilisa whispered something to her horse, saying for it to go into a full gallop. The horse picked up speed on the trail, riding through the forest. She was trying to make it to Mirkwood, before the Mirkwood army had left for the battle. She was a little worried because she knew that the Lord was not the most reasonable or wise leader. She knew what he had lost and how it consumed him. She had never met or seen this lord, but knew how he thought.