Chapter 8

The battle had last the entire day. Elves and orcs went at each other non-stop. Even though the orcs had the numbers, they didn't have the weapons. Ever since Mordor was destroyed, and their master departed from these lands the orcs haven't had the sources for weapons. The elves were pushing them back, and were on the verge of winning. Thranduil was riding on his elk as he fought. Lilisa was close by as she fought with two sabers in her hand. She was fighting with her bow and arrows, but had ran out.

Orcs were trying to run away from the battle, but the elves wanted no survivors. So the elves with the bows and arrows would fire on the orcs that were retreating. The sun was starting to set and the moon was beginning to shine. Lilisa had just killed her last orc in her area. Thranduil and the remainder of his troops were close to being done, as well.

When the battle finally ended, the sun was completely gone and the moon shined bright with the stars in the sky. Everyone was tired and happy, to have won. All the orcs had been killed, along with their existence. Lilisa hopped back on her horse and rode over to Thranduil, who was giving orders to his soldiers. The soldiers were told to regroup and to start heading back to Mirkwood.

Lilisa and Thranduil rode in front of the soldiers, with her two guards behind her. They were side by side the entire ride. Everyone remained quiet for the journey back. Lilisa was happy to have won the battle, but she was also thinking about their lose. She knew the cost of war or a battle, but she didn't know what it felt like, until now. She saw that Thranduil wasn't happy about the numbers they lost. Lilisa could tell that this bothered him a lot.

When they arrived back at Mirkwood, the soldiers were taking off their armor and put their weapons back. Horses and an elk were unsaddled and brushed down. Once they were done, the soldiers left for their homes and families that would be happy to see them.

Thranduil saw that Lilisa was done, so he walked over to her. She still had her armor on and her weapons were still with her.

"Allow me to escourt you to your room." offered Thranduil.

"Very well." said Lilisa with a smile.

She dismissed her two guards and walked with Thranduil to her room. They talked about the battle as they walked to Lilisa's room.

Once they were outside her door, she said goodnight to Thranduil, who wished her the same and walked off and went to bed. Lilisa took off her armor and put her weapons away. She changed into one of her silk nightgowns before she went to bed. A couple of minutes after she changed, she went to bed.