Chapter 20

Days had passed and Lilisa had hardly seen Thranduil. He and Legolas have been very busy pushing back the enemy and making sure that Mirkwood was secure. Lilisa was disappointed that she couldn't help fight, but she didn't want to hurt Thranduil. So she stayed inside the Mirkwood walls. She spent most of her time with Tauriel, but when Thranduil was finally done with his business, she spent as much time with him as possible.

Lilisa was walking to the study to see Thranduil. Mirkwood was once again safe from threats and danger. She was pleased that things were going to back to normal because she knew that would mean she would have more time with Thranduil. Lilisa walked into the study and didn't see Thranduil anywhere. She knew that he wasn't back yet, so she decided to walk around. She found herself looking at all sort of books stacked on bookshelves.

When Thranduil came into the study he was talking with Legolas. Lilisa didn't want to interrupt, so she stayed behind the bookshelves, while they talked. At first, they were talking about restoring the damage of Mirkwood, but then they went away from the topic.

She saw Thranduil walk over to a nearby bookshelf and grab a book. Legolas stood behind Thranduil. Thranduil looked down at the book and stroked it with his hand. He walked over to a chair and sat down. Lilisa saw Thranduil open the book and flip through some of the pages.

"Are you alright father?" asked Legolas.

"This predicament reminds me of the one that your mother and I were in." said Thranduil.

Legolas didn't say anything back to his father. He didn't have the words to say. He never knew his mother and his father never talked of her. The only thing they had to remember her by was her journal, which his father was holding. Legolas saw his father hold back his tears.

"I miss her too." added Legolas to the conversation.

"I know, I know." replied Thranduil.

Thranduil stood back up and walked over to the same bookshelf, where he put the journal away. Then he walked over to Legolas. He put his hand on his son's shoulder and said, "Now that everything is taken care of, why don't you go spend some time with your wife."

Legolas nodded and walked out of the study. Thranudil was now alone in the study. He was waiting for Lilisa to show up, but what he didn't know was that she was already in the room. Lilisa stood behind the bookshelves. She took in everything that Thranduil and Legolas said. She could tell that Legolas missed his mother, and how Thranduil missed his wife. It made her think about her parents. She remembers little because she can only remember the horrible part.

Lilisa came out from behind the bookshelves and walked over to Thranduil.

"There you are," said Thranduil. "were you in here awhile?"

"No, I just came in from the other door." lied Lilisa.

Sorry for the short chapter.