Chapter 15

Thranduil was standing away from Lilisa, so she couldn't see him. He didn't want her to fun off again, so he just watched her for a little bit before he walked over to her. Lilisa was sitting on a bench in the garden, when Thranduil came over to her.

"Lilisa, is everything okay?" asked Thranduil.

She looked up at him with a smile.

"Yes, I'm sorry I just needed some fresh air for a minute." replied Lilisa.

Thranduil sat next to her on the bench. Lilisa's heart rate picked up pace. She figured out that she had feelings for the Mirkwood king, Thranduil. But she wasn't sure if she should tell him, or wait. So the two of them remained sitting together on the bench in pure silence. What should she do?

Lilisa eventually decided to say what was going on. It couldn't be too bad because she was leaving to Lothlorien tomorrow, so she told him now then it wouldn't be awkward for them, since she is leaving the next day. Lilisa turned her head to face Thranduil.

"Thranduil, there is something I need to tell you." said Lilisa.

"What do you need to tell me?" asked Thranduil, giving her his undivided attention.

"When I left Mirkwood, I got a feeling that made me want to stay, but I headed back home anyway. So when I got the wedding invitation, it made me so happy to come back. I thought it was just a feeling saying that I should stay in Mirkwood because of it being a unique kingdom, but when I was dancing with you, I realized what the feeling was. I'm telling you this because I leave tomorrow, so it won't be awkward. The feeling I felt was love for you, Thranduil." explained Lilisa.

She just looked at Thranduil, trying to figure out his face expression and what it meant. Thranduil looked down at the ground, then back at Lilisa. He smiled at her and it only made Lilisa confused.

"Well that is good because I have had some feelings occur for you." replied Thranduil.

Lilisa was shocked. She definitely wasn't expecting that, so she immediately stood up with shock.

"What?"

Lilisa was filled with shock, but she was also pleased that he said that. She didn't know what else to do right now.

"I must turn in for the night," said Lilisa. "please excuse me."

Lilisa walked out of the garden quickly, while Thranduil was trying to catch up with her, but he got pulled away by a guard. The guard informed him that he needed to head back to the wedding after party, so Lilisa walked back to her room. She opened the door, closing it behind her and sat on top of her bed. This night was quite the night. She didn't know what to do now. She didn't want to stay because she didn't know how to handle this situation. So Lilisa decided to just do what she had planned on doing. She was going to head back home to Lothorien, but she wanted to do it without Thranduil getting in the way.