Chapter 23

Chapter 23

DAN P.O.V

I breathed heavily and sighed looking into the heavily dense forest. A brown car suddenly shooting past. My gaze followed the car that was travelling at enormous speed and I quickly diverted my gaze to who was seated in the back seat. My girl. Katie.

It stung like a dozen bees, knowing that my girl was being taken away from me in front of my very own eyes.

I quickly gathered up the maids letting them know the situation and letting them know I will be leaving for a little bit and then without any more explanation I was off on my way to find my girl and bring her back here where she belongs.

God knows what they’re going to do to her. I have to hurry,

I drove deep into the forest road that led to nowhere in particular, I tried to follow any scent I could gain, however it was extremely difficult. I couldn’t even smell Katie. I took in a sharp breath as I kept my eyes glued to the road. I couldn’t lose her, not now. Not ever. As thoughts of all the memories Katie and I held together came rushing through my stiff body, I could feel the tears coming. I sped up down the windy road.

Katie’s POV

It was beginning to bore me more than anything, this blank room. Zane had left hours ago after getting no response from m, he just stormed off somewhere. I had been left in the torturous room.

I sighed deeply as I wished I was back with Dan, cuddling up to him, not worrying about anything else in the world. Then I felt sorry for him. He would be freaking out, not knowing where I am. Nor where to look for me.

I held my head in my hands as I frustratingly tried to figure out how to get out of here.

“Katie?” I looked up at the male standing in the door, he was short but about in his twenties and brown swayed hair. I gazed right into his eyes and then quickly diverted my gaze back towards the wall.

He sighed and took a seat opposite me. Every time I glanced up to him, his eyes were staring deathly into mine. I diverted my gaze almost immediately every time. The silence was growing on me. It wasn’t exactly as awkward as it was earlier but I wasn’t enjoying the silence either way.

Suddenly he coughed to get my attention and I shyly looked up back into his golden brown eyes.

“Uhh...” he started, “You do know why you’re here, right?” I crossed my head, and looked down.

“I don’t know why I’m here, and I sure as hell don’t want to be here.” I stated flatly, looking back into his eyes and letting my frustration out into my stare.

He sighed, “Look, I’m not your enemy, but the others are. I'm the only full human here and you need to be able to trust me.”

I scoffed, “As if I would trust you!” I shouted and I could see hurt in his eyes, I looked away kind of feeling bad, but kept a straight face.

“You need to trust me or there is no way you will ever get out of here.” He was looking sincerely into my eyes. The innocence in his voice was getting to me.

I sighed, “Well you can start by telling me why I'm, here then.” I looked up to him hopefully, and he smiled and stood up. I watched him walk over to the other side of the room and pick up a small pamphlet.

As he walked over to me he silently made a gesture for me to follow him out of the room. So stood up and followed him through the long hallway. We walked for about a minute until we reached the kitchen. He gestured for me to take a seat which I did happily. Then he handed me a bottle of blood. After that whole time of worrying I had completely forgotten about the thirst of blood I was having. I smiled gratefully and gulped down the bottle in one go.