Chapter 25

Katie

My eyes opened, yet I couldn't see anything. I was engulfed in complete darkness. However, what I could hear was far different.

A voice that I recognised to be Chases was hushing his wife, Donna. She didn't sound too good at all. Her whimpering was so loud, all I wanted to do was go over to her and comfort her as she had done for me. I couldn't find the strength though. So instead I sat helplessly in the corner of the cold van listening to her suffering. 

After a while, her weeping died down.

"Chase?" I asked solemnly, "Is she okay?"

"Not really, she hit her head. She is so scared." He sighed, "so am I."

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say that everything would be alright I just couldn't guarantee that. If I wasn't so weak then I would do everything to protect them. I couldn't see that happening though.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. All I could picture was Dan's worried face. I wish I had some way of contacting him. 

Knowing we had been driving for quite a while only made me even more concerned. The longer we drove, the further away from Dan I was getting and the smaller the chance he would ever find me again.

After many long hours of travelling; we finally arrived. I could feel the van slowly come to a resting position and began to hear some muffled chatter coming from outside. I didn't quite recognise any of the voices. Readying myself for what was coming next, I stood up and took a deep breath. 

I built up enough strength to move to the other side of the van where Donna lay blubbering. She was a complete mess.

"Just breathe deeply Donna, please be strong." I held her hand and she held onto me as if her life depended on it. I guess in a way it kind of did.

The door of the van opened wide and there stood four men. They were all quite flawless - vampires I presumed. They definitely didn't smell like humans.

In a way I felt relieved that I was away from those weird creatures and with a being I could in some terms, relate to. Maybe here I would be fed properly.

We all slowly stepped out of the van and stood in front of them. They didn't ask us to, it was like they were summoning our bodies and we moved.

Situated in front of us was an impressive dwelling, we all looked up in awe. Most people would call it a castle. Maybe some would rather the term palace? Whatever you want to call it, it was enormous and imposing. It was magically ornate, with spectacular gothic architecture features. 

Donna whimpered and I snapped my attention back to the men in front of us. Two men had Donna and Chase, respectively, by the arms and were dragging them off into the castle. 

I could walk myself, and I wished to make that clear to them, yet I really didn't want to argue and make things worse for myself.

We walked in side and I couldn't help but be amazed at my surroundings. This place was grander than I had ever even seen in movies, let alone reality. 

We walked to the top of a massive staircase and down a long hallway, passing many different doors along the way. Finally they stopped and unlocked a door. Before I knew it I was being thrown with great force into the dark room and the door was being locked behind me. 

In all honesty I was getting quite sick of being thrown around and treated like garbage. 

I scrambled around on the ground and stood up flicking on the light switch closest to me. To my surprise I was standing in a large and luxurious bedroom. Before me was a grand, king sized bed with about 10 different throw cushions decorating it. A beautiful day bed was pushed against the wall with a window displaying the lovely 19th century gardens. There was even a lake visible in the distance.