Chapter 14

Chapter 14

POV Felix

I glance up at Dan who has suddenly looked up from his book with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, realizing he was looking off into the forest.

"Did you hear that?" he didn't seem to need an answer, "I think something has happened, I heard a scream coming from over there." Grab your bag!" he pointed over in the right direction and headed off I grabbed my bag and followed after him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I continue to fall for why seems like ages. Then suddenly I land flat on my bottom. Pain struck through my body like a knife getting stabbed through your heart. I screamed in pain and let my back fall behind me onto the icy cold, rough rock I sat on. I shuddered at the coolness swept through my mind as I drifted off into a painful sleep.

I feel a faint but powerfully cold and strong hand touch my forehead. I open my eyes wincing at the pain it brings. I look up through my squinted eyes and see a tall figure looking down on me with curious eyes.

"Hello..." He had a strange squeaky voice and as my eyes grew wider the image of his face became stranger. His face was almost alien like, half alien half human.

I shrieked in disgust when his tongue came out of his mouth and just hang there like a lazy dog. He slurped it up and continued. "That was a nasty fall you had out there." His baby voice repeated those words again and again in my head. Creepy.

Oh god... Where was I?

Felix: 

Dan started running and I could see pain in his eyes. He really was scared. I don't blame him. He is solely in charge of her and now he doesn't even know where she is.

"You should have gone after her straight away!" I yelled hoping he would have heard me.

"NOT NOW!!" He screamed as he turned around to look at me. Immediately his face turned from angry to sad, "I'm sorry, I just... We can't lose her." He looked down, "Can you smell her?" That's when it hit me. I couldn't. But I always could no matter where she was I could smell her.

"No?" Crap now what?

"Mhm, now what?" Great.

"I was just about to ask you the same question." I look up at him hoping that he would have answers, but he just looks hopelessly in my eyes.

All of a sudden we here it again. Screaming.

"It's coming from over there." I quietly mention to Dan while pointing in the direction of the light moon. It was getting darker.

"Well we'd better be off then? Hadn't we?" With that he was off and I was following his heels.

 Katie:

I had fallen and now I was in some god forsaken underground cave with some alien like people. Who were quite freaky.

 Who were these people, I could only see what one of them looked like the others were scattered around the room but I could hear their baby like voices ringing in my aching head.

They couldn't be vampires. They are too different. I guess they could be anything, it wasn’t long ago that I found out vampires existed. They aren’t vampires, and they defiantly are not humans. So what are they? I was wondering what they could be when a question was asked.

"Are you thirsty, Katie?” Whoa how did he know my name??

"Umm, no thanks." I stammered trying to keep my eyes on him. He looked up surprised.

"Really? Oh, cause I am." He stated this with a large grin on his face.

He then leaned down on top of my aching body that lay on the ground and as I lay there whimpering he whispers, "Really thirsty!" He looks into my eyes and then I knew what was about to happen. I close my eyes and grip onto my legs as the creature bites down into my necks and sucks.

He not only sucks out the blood, but he soaks up any feeling and emotion I had left in my body. Any feeling I had for Felix was gone. How could he leave me here to suffer if he really cared, obviously he didn't care enough.

I screamed as the pain made my weak body shake. Then I felt my body go majorly numb and my eyes slowly closed and just before they fully closed I saw the creature look at me and worry took over took its face.

Felix: 

"Why can't you smell her Dan?" I questioned," You have the best smelling in the kingdom?"  He stopped and I could see him attempting to smell her.

"It's no use; she must not be on the ground level." He looked at me.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that she is either in the ground or maybe really high in the sky. Dummy!" He grinned and then his face turned deadly serious again.

"Stop being stupid, we have to find her!" We then once again ran off into the darkness of the forest.

We ran for ages stopping every 5 minutes, allowing Dan to smell around and every now and then I would have a try. But no use.

I was getting scared. I couldn't lose her. She was the only one I want to be with.