Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Take her!" I stood up and was being taken to my room.

"How can someone be so annoying?" I questioned Felix, "And where are we?"

"Try and do as the king says and courtesy when you see him. Your next question though, I'm not too sure whether or not I can answer that.” He said this with a questioning look gaining on his pale and innocent face.

"Please I won't tell anyone. I pinky promise!” I said so holding out my pinky”, I could be really persuasive if I put my mind to it!

"Well you are at the Vampire Kingdom it is called Vampiral Kingdom and you have to stay here forever. Kings orders. Well actually the princes."

"Who is the prince?" I questioned wondering why I didn't already know. He glanced down at me with a worried face.

"Dan, I thought you would already have known that!" Oh great.

We opened to the door and Felix walked in over to the window, and balcony and locked the doors and took the key with him. I looked at him confused.

"Sorry Princes orders." He made himself sound sorry, but I doubt he was.

He wasn't that bad to be honest, adorable, caring (kind of) and he answers most of the questions I ask him. Not more I could ask for. I think his the closest I have had in 2 years to someone loving me or caring for me. And I hardly even know him. He reached door and glanced over his shoulder.

"Goodnight Katie" a smirk was clearly on his face when he added, "no I don't love for you or care for you and never will, this is only my job" Well that was heart breaking but you never know. People do change their minds.

I hop into bed, wrapping myself in the snug doona. In a way I wish they had of kidnapped me sooner. This defiantly beats sleeping on the streets.

I wake to the chirping sound of birds next to my window. I open my eyes and cant wipe the smile off my face. I can’t even remember the last time I slept that well. My tummy rumbles with a delighting twist and I feel myself jumping out of bed and heading for the bathroom. I get changed and do my hair nicely then head over to the door. But it doesn't open. Ah! Felix must have locked it last night so I don't disappear. I bang and bang on the door until I hear gaining footsteps and I step back allowing whoever was there to open the door for me. To my surprise it was Dan. Or should I call him the prince? He looked really angry and tiresome. I glanced up to the clock and realised it was 4 in the morning. I chuckled at the look on his face and then realised it wasn’t the best option.

"What do you want?" He growled, and with a bit of enthusiasm I replied.

"I'm hungry, I need food." I was just about to walk past his arm that was blocking me from exiting when I glanced up to see a horrified face. "Ummm, is there a problem?"

“How do I put this, um, well I kind of spaced when it comes to food. You know, we don’t eat, we only drink blo…”

I finished him there. "Don't mention that word. Well can’t you just go and get some food down the street. You know that village we passed?" I sounded quite smart considering.

"Ummm, it doesn't have any food shops there." What as if. How can there not be any place to get food in a town? Now I am confused.

"Why not?" I began to worry, what if I died of starvation!

"It's a vampire town and they don't sell food there." Kind of makes sense now I think of it… All of those pale people.  

"How do I eat, if there is no food?" I started to freak out and I think he could see that in my face because he soon hushed me and said, "Everything will be ok, I'll sort something out, don't worry!"

He shut the door as fast as he had opened it earlier and locked it before I heard his rushing footsteps leave my room.

Well the day passed slowly and defiantly not fascinatingly. My stomach continued to groan as I passed through the day, and I felt myself become weaker and weaker. Leaving my room hadn’t been an option as I had been locked in. Yes the room was big, but it was also boring. I decide there is no point in just sitting here so I jump off and head for the door. Before I could reach it, the door swings open almost knocks me out and a small scream exits my mouth and then I see Felix standing there.

"Whoops, sorry sweetie, didn't see you there?" Of course he couldn't see me I was behind a door.

"The prince has found a berry tree in the woods and will bring some back for you until then you will have to stay calm and not wake up the king. Understand?" His stern voice was overpowering mine making me feel like a baby when really I could pass as two years older than him any day.

I shifted to the left as he barges through the door into my room. He glances around at the amount of clothes on the ground and gives me a serious look.

“You are not my father.” I roll my eyes at his sternness. How annoying.

"First you think I'm hot and now I'm the most annoying person ever. Gosh, make up your mind princess!" He sounded posh but still a little bit stern and then a slight grin appeared on his face as he turned away from me.

"What? How can you do that? You're reading my mind." That was more of a statement that a question.

"Yes, I'm a vampire remember!" As if I could forget!

*Note to self: Keep mind clear whenever around Felix.

“I heard that.” Felix whispered in my ear before escaping the room in a swift motion.