Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I wake sprawled across my king size bed. A little blanket hanging over my feet, while the rest of my body lay exposed to any visitors. Luckily, I had none.

I looked up at the square ceiling above me to only see circles. My world was spinning, around and around. Darn you Michael. Darn you, and your aggressive nature.

My memory had faded, but one thing I can't seem to erase is the fact that my own brother, my own blood, had betrayed me.

It was the saddest thing. Almost as sad as losing my parents. I was losing now losing my brother too, the only family I had left.

No, I correct myself. It seems I have already lost my brother.

The man who stands in the body of my brother, is no one I have ever met before. It is a sad thing, that not many good things in life last a lifetime. All people change.

Suddenly the door swings open and in Aaron waltzes with a wide smile spread across his face. I quickly gathered up the blanket and wrapped it around me, whining in a great deal of pain.

"Ever heard of privacy?" I snap.

"Good Morning to you too." He chirped still smiling greater than ever, his dimples on show. I diverted my gaze out the window. 

"What's gotten you in such a great mood?"

"Oh nothing much, it's a new day, new beginning. Why shouldn't I be happy?" He asked almost singing the words perfectly.

He then passed me quite a large bottle of blood and I gulped it down in a rush, savouring the feeling of it running down my dry throat.

"Thanks... so what are the plans for today?"

"Well, I'm afraid you won't be going anywhere." He laughed looking at me, "Not in that state any way. When you are completely healed you can meet the king." I sighed. Crossing my fingers that I never heal.

"My brother?" I ask, hoping that he has left and I will never have to exchange eye contact with him again.

"He has been taken care of, by yours truly." He smiled showing all his teeth as they twinkled.

I sighed, hoping nothing too sinister. I still had a heart.

I looked over at Aaron who was now sitting by my window staring at me intently. He seemed almost curious.

"Katie, don't you ever wonder why you don't heal fast like normal vampires? Why you're not as strong as other vampires? Why you still seem to enjoy human food?" He stopped for a moment and glanced towards the window. "Don't you ever wonder?"

Aaron's interrogation had left me speechless. Most of those things I had never even thought of, is he trying to tell me those things aren't considered normal? 

"No? Why? Is there something wrong with me?" I asked confused and suspicious. Is this why I am here?

He just laughed. "Isn't there something wrong with all of us?"

Then he stood up and made his way to the door. I went to speak but before I could even get one word out, he had disappeared through the door and closed it quickly behind him.

Why do people seem to always do that? They always get me all excited and then just leave as if I don't need answer. I feel like I'm reading a book and there is a cliff hanger but it's reality. 

Reality. 

Such a cruel thing sometimes.

A few days passed, nothing out of the ordinary really happened. I was just left in my room watching the occasional movie, courtesy of Aaron.