Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18:

"Ummm... Why are you not pulling away?" He questioned. "I thought you hated me?" He smirked as he turned away.

"How would you know that?" I asked walking over towards him.

"Well for starters it isn't that hard to guess, and plus it's not like we can ever be together anyway. So let's just leave it at that... Oh and by the way... What happened just then never leaves the room." He stated firmly. How could it not leave the room? He just kissed me and it made me realise just how much I liked him. Maybe that's all it needs sometimes. I smiled at the thought of what had just happened. And then I remembered what he had just said.

"Wait... What do you mean we can never be together? I am a vampire... Just like you so it shouldn't matter?" I looked up and I could see hurt forming in his eyes.

"Katie... Trust me you don't want to know." By now I was standing in front of him. I shoved him, not enough to make him fall but enough to make him stumble.

"What, was that for?" He shouted, anger rising in his throat, and I could tell. His eyes turned red and I stepped back.

"No mo-ore sec-secrets!" I stuttered, as I continued to step back. His eyes turned black and the anger was gone from his eyes, but he looked sad.

"You can never be with me, ever. Because you already destined to be with someone else." What? How?

"Since when?" I yelled becoming angry myself. No-one can tell me whom I am destined to be with. It's my choice.

"When you were changed, you were changed by Felix." So? What does that have to do with anything? It's not like I wanted to get changed by Felix, I hate him, the hates just growing day by day. But I had to be changed and if Felix was the one to change me then so he was. I don't care, as long as it's done and now I don't have to worry about it or think about it and I won't. Well not yet.

"Look I'm really tired here so... I am going to bed.  But you are still going to tell me everything you were about to. No matter what!" Before he could answer I pushed him out of the room and locked the door.

I can't believe this. Why couldn't they just leave me to die? I know one thing for sure is I would rather die than turn vampire. That's for sure. But Felix had to change me, just because he is obsessed with me he doesn't have to make my life turn to misery. I hate my life, and I know I will come to terms of accepting that I am a vampire. No matter what.

I lay on my bed unable to sleep; I guess I won't be doing a lot of it anymore anyway. But I still keep my privacy. It's the closest I will get to real sleep.

I hear a small knock on my door and I walk up to the door to inspect.

"Who's there?" I asked politely not yet opening the door.

"Felix, I need to talk to you." He spoke softly and tenderly but I could still feel the obsession of me that lurked within him.

I sighed heavily, loud enough for him to hear. "Felix, Not now." I stomped off back to my bed and plunked myself down with a book. Maybe this will take my mind off reality for a moment. Once I had finally gotten into the book and read a few pages I heard a noise coming from my door. I look up wondering if I should check it out. But the thought passes as I continue reading. Once again I hear the noise but it's louder. Then as I turn my eyes to the door, I realise to my astonishment that the door was wide open, and standing there completely oblivious was Felix.

Felix! Crap! Not now!!!

"Get up, you have to get ready." He said sternly pulling me up from my comfortable position on the bed.