Chapter Two

The cave was very dark, even more so than last time, if that was possible. I waited for Keese or Chu to attack me, but there wasn't a single sound besides my heartbeat pounding in my ears. I half expected Ghirahim to jump out at me, or to feel his breath on my neck. The idea sent a shudder down my spine.

I was near the heart of the cave by now and was about to turn around. It must have been some messed up trick. There's no one here. At least, that was my thought until I heard it, that bone chilling voice.

"You kept me waiting Skychild."

My breath caught and I spun around. Ghirahim lit a torch and set it in a holder on the cavern wall. The light swallowed the darkness of the cave and flooded it with golden light. I almost didn't recognize Ghirahim. His white hair was a little longer and the right side wasn't gelled perfectly behind his ear. He no longer wore the crystal dangling from his ear and he exchanged the tight exposing clothes for a simple tunic and pants. His skin wasn't a ghostly white anymore, but more of a pale flesh. The purple bags under his eyes had vanished and the crazy thrill that was all over his face is gone. Even so, this was still Ghirahim, my most frightening foe. I must remain on my guard.

"I was beginning to think you wouldn't come," He crossed his arms and leaned lazily against he cavern wall as if this were a casual conversation between friends. I highly disagreed. I was so tense my back hurt. I drew my sword and held it in front of me, composing myself, "Why are you here Demon Lord?"

The corners of his mouth twitched in humor as he pushed himself off the wall. He took a single step closer to me, holding his hand out as if to offer me something, "I am not the Demon Lord any longer Skychild. If you could lower your weapon a little I will explain it to you."

I lowered my sword a fraction of an inch, not trusting him one bit. He seemed satisfied enough with it and began, "I am a demon spirit, which is not what you humans may think. I have a violent nature but no more evil than a human with an anger problem. When an all powerful being such as Demise duels a demon spirit, and wins, that demon's soul is bound and possessed by him. I became Demise's sword spirit this way," He ran his finger along the tip of my blade, "At first, I tried to resist the nature Demise gave me, which is why I didn't kill you our first few encounters. That was when I had a little of my own will left."

If he thinks I'm stupid enough to believe him for a second, he's crazier than I thought, which seemed impossible. I lifted my sword a little and asked in a threatening voice, "What do you want?"

He seemed surprised by my outburst. When he composed himself, he snapped and a small dagger appeared. He moved so quickly I barely had time to register what was happening. He sliced his hand and appeared so close to me I nearly fell over from surprise. He took hold of the blade of my sword with his already bloody hand and pulled it out of my grip. He then moved closer, backing me into the wall. He slowly caressed the back of my head with his uninjured hand. The contact was unwelcome and sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't move away, or protect myself. I waited for him to bash my head against the wall of the cave, or stab me with his dagger. However, he only stood there, his hard eyes on me.

"I want something you wouldn't understand Skychild. And you clearly will not take me at my word, so I will have to buy myself some time to convince you."

I wasn't sure what he meant, nor did I want to know. I stared into Ghirahim's eyes and something suddenly changed in them, they almost seemed... guilty. When that happened, his soft caress turned into a rough grip on my head and he covered my mouth with his bloody hand. He forced my lips open until my mouth was full of the metallic blood. I tried to spit it out, but his hand was still covering my mouth. His other hand now pinched my nose shut so I couldn't breathe. I unwillingly swallowed it and he finally pulled back. I coughed and fell over. My throat burned and the pain quickly spread throughout my entire body. I screamed in agony, the sound amplifying as it bounced off the cave walls. What did he do to me?