Chapter Six

Ghirahim and I walked slowly towards Zelda's house. I could feel my pulse quicken at the sight of other people. Ghirahim was certain no one would recognize him, but I didn't want to take this chance. However, it's necessary. I need to show Zelda I have a guardian and tell her what I'm doing. Otherwise, I'll have all of Skyloft looking for me. As we walked up the steps, my dread heightened. I can't believe I'm dong this. Ghirahim rolled his eyes at me.

I knocked on the door and waited a moment. She opened with a bright smile. "Hello Link." Her eyes turned to Ghirahim and they widened with surprise. "Oh, who's this?"

I moved a little to the side so she could see him better, "Zelda, this is my... Demon Guardian."

Her blue eyes sparkled with delight, "Link! You're a Sora?" She opened the door wider to allow access, "How exciting! Please come in both of you!"

We entered and I tried to relax. Zelda didn't recognize him, so why worry? I should be relieved right now. However, I still felt that she might have a feeling. I mean, he did kidnap her. Shouldn't she sense it's him? I looked at Ghirahim doubtfully. His presence isn't the same since then. Even before he touched the earring, in the cave, he isn't the same person. A lot of the madness had left his eyes and there was more life in his skin. The evil, crazed aura was gone. I just hadn't really noticed until now.

We gathered in the living room in Zelda's house. Much larger than the others in Skyloft, her's had a room for meetings such as these, her own, and another for guests. This room was full of comfortable seating benches with cushions as well as a single chair for herself and a small, round table for drinks and snacks. She asked if we cared for any, but Ghirahim and I both declined. We wouldn't be here long.

Zelda now stood a couple feet away, fidgeting. She clearly wasn't sure what to do next. "I really don't know what to say..."

"I do," Ghirahim offered, "The Goddess Netti has assigned me to th- Link specifically to keep the Demon realm safe. We must travel there and restore a very important artifact to the Demonic Royal Family. If this isn't done, not only will the Demon realm be destroyed, but Skyloft as well as the Surface will be affected as well."

Zelda froze at this news. She looked to me for confirmation. I nodded with an apologetic look. She slowly smiled and bowed her head.

"You truly are a hero of the Goddesses. You seem to be in constant need of them. Do not worry, I'm certain Groose can keep things safe here while you're gone. Just..." She looked up at me with a slight worry, "Be careful. The Demon realm has waned and grown into a state of chaos since Demise took their king. Even now he is missing and they have no order. Please take heed and return home safely."

Well, it seems Zelda confirmed my fears. I nodded and took her hand with assurance, "I promise Zelda. It's not like I've never encountered danger before. I'll be back soon." I squeezed her hand once and turned to leave. I stopped when I noticed Ghirahim hadn't yet followed. I turned around to a very wrong sight.

Zelda had thrown her arms around a shocked Ghirahim with a sad expression. "Please take care of him!"

Ghirahim, unknowing of what to do, lightly touched Zelda's back awkwardly, "I promise. I won't let anything happen to him. We're tied by the Goddess so I really have no choice."

I shot him a look, And who's fault is that?

He raised an eyebrow in a way that said, What else do you want me to say?

Satisfied, Zelda pulled back with a nod. "Thank you. Be careful and return home safelt. And Skyloft welcomes you... umm I'm sorry." She flushed, "I never caught your name."

We're dead.

"Solimace," Ghirahim stated quickly. I forced myself not to laugh, raise an eyebrow, or just say, 'What?'

Zelda smiled, "What a wonderful name. Were you named after the mythical hero Demon Solimace?"

Uh... come again?

Ghirahim nodded, "Indeed I was. I've heard I may carry some of his bloodline, but that would mean must have some link to the royal family." He added a false chuckle, "I apologize for cutting this short, but we must go. The sooner the better."

Zelda nodded, "Of course, of course. I feel better already. Take care of each other!"

I rushed Ghirahim out of the house quickly before Zelda asks or does anything else that leads to something bizarre. When we were no longer within hearing distance I sent him a questioning look. "Who's Solimace?"

Ghirahim walked forward without even looking at me, "My Great-Great- Grandfather. He was a half demon that saved the demon realm and became legendary. Until I received this shard I'd forgotten about him."

"Half demon?" I asked with surprise.

Ghirahim nodded, "Yes. His father was the demon king at the time and his mother was a human." He sent me a side glance, "She was his Sora."

I felt a shiver run down my spine. Not only at the words, but the look in his golden eyes as he said it. What was the meaning in that look? Another thing, how can a demon and human be together? Yes there is the odd and indescribable relationship between a guardian and Sora, but I'd never heard f it growing to love. Thought, I guess anything's possible.

We neared my house again and I stopped. "I've got everything I'll need in there. I've been cautious since Demise was killed and kept a stock so I'll be right back."

I hurried into the house and opened the chest, retrieving my shield, money bags, chain mail and gauntlets. I slipped the chain mail on then pulled the gauntlets up my arms. I opened a drawer where I'd kept the green clothes before. I never thought I'd wear them again. I hesitated a moment as my fingers touched the strong cotton. Shaking my head quickly, I pulled the tunic, pants and boots on. There's no time for this nonsense.

I grabbed some bottles of potion out of the cupboard and stuffed it in my pack. There's enough for Ghirahim as well. Unfortunately our wounds will be a problem for both of us. We'll just need to be extra careful I guess.

I froze a moment, thinking. This is going to be dangerous. Probably verging on a suicide mission. If one of us is hurt, both are hurt. And we're going somewhere I've never been and Ghirahim doesn't remember with chaos and lack of order everywhere in a realm with the most vicious beings known to history. This should be fun.

As I shut the door, I noticed Ghirahim with his arms crossed and a suspicious look in his eyes.

"What?"

He shrugged and looked away, "You're worried we'll fail."

I forgot about him knowing my emotions. Too bad it's not likewise for me. I shrugged, "We might, we might not. Either way we have to try. We don't have time for discussion. Let's just go."

He didn't say anything a moment, but after a few minutes he closed his eyes, "This may feel odd for you. Just don't jump conclusions."

I nodded, a bit worried about what he'll do. Ghirahim opened his eyes and walked to me slowly, his gaze piercing into my soul. The intensity of it sent shivers through me. He stopped a couple inches from me and leaned forward. All the while his eyes never left mine. I felt paralyzed yet almost worried. This doesn't look right. What is he doing?

His forehead was now touching mine and he smirked, "Now... sleep."

A wave of drowsiness overcame me, then another and another. Each stronger than the first. Just as my eyes drifted shut, I said, "Ghirrrrrrr."