Chapter Thirty Three

Tuschia sat in a small room in the temple, lost in her own thoughts. How can she tell Nevaeh that the human isn't dying at all. She sees him growing stronger with every day, however something inside of him is dying. All part of Wenta's plan of course, but would it benefit them, or harm their plans? Tuschia didn't know. She knew the darkness was spreading quickly the moment her own brother fell for Wenta's trickery. The bond between Ghirahim and Link would indeed deter the evil one's plan, but was it a necessity? Would Ghirahim actually fall for such a monster? So many questions, so many possible futures.

"Tuschia, why are you here?"

The deep and chilling voice of Qif spoke as he took a human-like form. He entered the room and sat beside Tuschia, waiting for her reply.

She shook her head, "I feel... helpless. I cannot see... I'm... losing my sight. It will be completely gone before this is over."

Qif narrowed his red eyes, "What do you mean?"

Tuschia held a stony expression, "I'm dying Qif. I've been cursed, and I will be gone soon."

As we wandered the swamp, looking for the real shard, I noted a dull pain in my chest and wondered if Ghirahim could feel it too. If so he hasn't said anything to me. I'd assume so because of the bond, but assumptions aren't much to go by as I've learned. But I still didn't bring attention to it. No need to deter Ghirahim's focus when we're this close.

As we walked deeper into the fogy murk, I suddenly remembered something.

"Wait," I stopped and frowned. Ghirahim turned around with a questioning look, as did Zeefa. I crossed my arms and looked around us, "What are we looking for? I thought there was supposed to be an opening back there, but we got so caught up in the trap we didn't even look."

Ghirahim looked behind me and sighed, "You're right." He threw back his head in exasperation and sighed heavily. "Moron!" He opened his eyes and bewilderment crossed his features, "What the?"

I turned around and my own eyes widened. About where the shard was, a beam of purple light shot up from the sky. I can't say what it was, but I could tell it's not a good sign by the look on Ghirahim's face.

"We need to go back now!" Ghirahim shouted, dashing through the swampy water. Strange. Was it up to our calves before?

We were nearing the beam when an awful sound rang through the swamp.

"You've lost Ghirahim! Give up!" Wenta's voice sounded from all directions. It projected everywhere, so I couldn't place where it was coming from! We all spun around wildly, trying to pinpoint the source, but it was in vain! There wasn't any physical form around us that could be speaking!

"Never!" Ghirahim shouted to the fog, swatting at nothing in particular. Zeefa had to dodge his hand a few times.

Wenta chuckled, "But I have your friend. If you wish to see him alive, you'll come home. You best hurry, your little pet has less than twenty-four hours left. It's your choice. Just how important is he to you?"

Two spots in the fog solidified. On the left, a picture of Ren appeared. My heart dropped at the awful sight. He was chained by his neck and standing on his tiptoes to prevent himself from suffocating. His hair was matted and filthy and his face looked grimy. The picture disappeared and the spot on the left took form of me. I arched my eyebrow at it before it displayed Wenta driving a blade into my chest.

Time seemed to move in slow motion after that; As Ghirahim spun around to make sure I was still here, something came out of the fog and pulled me into a portal, just before he could see that I was okay.

Third Person

Tuschia lie on a cot in one of the rooms in the temple. She was asleep, but her dreams were visions. Everyone danced across her mind's eye. Nevaeh, Ren, Qif, Shaiyala, Aquanto, Senom, Ghirahim... Link.

Tuschia sat up quickly, "No!"

"Link!" Ghirahim screamed, spinning around wildly. Lumious and Zeefa flew around frantically to look for him, but he was nowhere in sight.

"You let your guard down Ghirahim. Now that I've wounded him, you have hours to save him. I will provide a timer for you, but I highly doubt you'll even get here in time let alone find him. Good luck. Oh, here's that shard." He faded away with a psychotic laugh.

Ghirahim felt a dull heat in the back of his hand and looked to see two purple numbers. 13.

Ghirahim yanked at his hair and threw his head back, "Ahhhhhh!" He thrashed and kicked mud up everywhere. Lumious flew around wildly while Zeeda flew in place, her face stony and full of shock. After a moment, Ghirahim snatched up a fistful of mud with the shard and held it so tightly when he opened his hand there was a mold of his fist. He calmed down long enough to pick the shard out and connect it with the rest of the earring. Memories flooded his mind in a way the other shards hadn't. Memories of him, Nevaeh and Wenta. They were memories of them growing up together. They were friends. They were practically family!Ghirahim scowled. Why had Wenta thrown that away?

"Come on! We have to get to the palace!" He shouted over his shoulder as he stomped through the murk.

The faeries didn't hesitate to follow.

I awoke on a cold, stone surface. At first, I wasn't sure what happened, but after a moment my memory returned to me and my whole body burned with anger.

"I wouldn't move if I were you," A sick, bone chilling voice warned, "Take a look at your right hand."

For some unknown reason, I did. I saw a purple number 12 and shot Wenta a dirty look. "So? What of it? Am I your 12th victim?"

He chuckled and shook his head. Strands of black hair shook onto his face, "No dear human. That is a timer. Once it hits zero, your time is up. That spell I cast on you will have done its duty, and Ghirahim will be mine. But if I so much as suspect you are to escape, an hour will immediately be deducted, so I'd be on my best behavior were I you."

This burned rage through my chest and I lashed at Wenta, but a thick chain wrapped around my waist and pulled my to the wall. Wenta shook his head and tsked at me, pointing at my hand. I glanced at it and my stomach dropped. It now showed a burning 11. I didn't dare look at Wenta. I couldn't bear giving him the satisfaction of seeing the anger on my face.

"Like I said, young Link. Behave yourself, and you may receive a reward."

I snorted, "What could you possibly give me?"

He said nothing, only left towards the door. All I heard was "Watch him."And then a "Yes... Master."

This time I did look. It can't be! Zelda?