Chapter Seventeen

The sky darkened quickly. The thick, black clouds swirled overhead and felt like they were weighing down on me. I knew rain would come, I knew the grass would grow and bind me. I'd been waiting for this. I want it to happen. However, The rain never came, and the grass didn't change. I stood in the dark plain with bewilderment. Why has this dream changed?

"Do not be fooled by what you see."

A blue light appeared in front of me, slowly taking a female form. At first, I thought it was Netti. However, as she took form, I realized that it wasn't Netti at all. It was Fi!

"FI!"

She shook her head slowly. I didn't believe her. I know the Master Sword! I know Fi! Her face began to change shape and her hair elongated then turned white. Now, in front of me, was the Ice Demon Guardian. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

"You."

She smiled softly, which looked odd on her. Her hair elongated and floated around her face and her body shifted until it was Netti. She turned around and pointed to my right. I turned and felt my heart drop with my jaw. I was watching the battle with the Porrif. I felt the pang in my chest as I saw the white version of Ghirahim trying to shove his blade into my heart. I cringed and looked away.

"Look again Link."

I turned my head and saw a different scene. Three young children were playing around. One was a small boy with shoulder length, black hair and grayish skin. He was laughing heartily and chasing another little boy with very short, black hair and normal looking skin. Running toward them, was a little girl with bouncing, golden curls and bright yellow eyes. I recognized her eyes as those of the royal family. When the boy with the short hair's face turned toward me, I saw that he had yellow eyes as well.

"What am I looking at?" I asked with confusion.

Netti didn't respond. She only stared forward with a perfectly still expression.

"Let me play too guys!" The little girl begged.

The boy with the longer hair huffed, "Like we'd let you do anything! You're just the plain cousin. You don't mean anything!"

The girl stopped and her shoulder slumped. Her lower lip trembled a bit and she looked down. The other boy jumped in.

"Let my cousin play. She can chase you while you chase me."

The first boy shrugged, clearly not liking the idea. "Sure, whatever you say. I will have to do whatever you say anyway." He smiled and reached into his pocket, "Oh! By the way, I got this for you!"

The other boy and the girl looked at the small box in his hand curiously. The girl asked, "What is it?"

He ignored her, "I want you to have this. It's a Dark Faerie egg. They aren't like fairies in the human world, they can only be created by darkness magic. The great guardian Qif made it himself!"

The other boy grinned, "What happens when it hatches?"

"You'll have a little friend to go with you everywhere!"

The short haired boy smiled and took the small box, "Thank you Wenta. You're a great friend!"

My eyes were so wide I was surprised they didn't fall out of their sockets, "What?"

I looked at Netti and glared, "How can Wenta be a good friend to anyone?"

She turned back to the scene, silently telling me to look at it again. I turned my head and saw something different.