Chapter Three

"Nice night to gaze at stars."

I jumped and spun around. Ghirahim stood with his hands on his hips, one leg bent with his foot resting against the stone wall. His black eyes glittered in the moonlight.

I returned my attention to the clouds, pretending to be unaware of the demon behind me. Or of the sudden pounding of my heart.

Ghirahim sat beside me, completely at ease, "It's risky for me to be out here but that cave is rather dull."

I didn't respond. It's not like he can't take care of himself.

"Hmm, I see," He mumbled so quietly I wondered if he was talking to himself. I didn't know what he was talking about, but didn't particularly care either. I wanted him to leave. I can't kill him, but that doesn't mean I have to see him too.

"Help!" A young girl's scream sounded. I looked in the direction the sound came from and jumped up quickly! It came from the other side of the land! I may not have enough time! I stood up quickly and darted in her direction.

"You won't make it Hero!"" Ghirahim yelled. He teleported to me and wrapped his arms around me, restraining me.

"Get off!" I snarled, struggling from his grip.

"Let me help," He whispered softly. I suddenly felt odd, as if I were disappearing. Then I was somewhere else in an instant.

"Help me!" A small girl called. She was now right in front of me, hanging from the edge of Skyloft. I could clearly see she's too young to have a Loftwing, so if she falls she's in trouble!

I rushed to her and reached out for her, "Take my hand!"

She shook her head, fat tears falling from her face, "I'm too scared!"

I can't leap off and call my Loftwing, she might fall. I turned my head, looking for anyone who could help. The only person who was available was Ghirahim. I made eye contact with him, unsure of what to do.

He nodded and disappeared, reappearing with the girl, then disappeared again. The girl was so confused she blinked and looked around, "Who was that?"

I was frozen with shock. I wasn't sure what to say, since I was just as surprised as her. Ghirahim actually did that! Maybe-

No! he hasn't changed! He is tricking me so I'll trust him and he can get to Zelda.

"Link?" She stared up at me with wide, yellow eyes and her little hands were clasped together expectantly. I looked down at her and shrugged.

"I didn't see it. I... I blinked and now you're here."

Her eyes lit up, "Maybe it was an angel!"

I almost laughed at the irony of the idea, as if! "Perhaps. Now, what were you doing out? There is a curfew you know."

She shuffled her feet, "I wanted to see the Loftwings at night. My friend says their beautiful. I tried to get closer and I slipped."

I knelt in front of her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "There are many dangers at night, not just falling. That's why we have a curfew. It's for your protection."

She nodded and turned to head home, but she stopped. She spun around and quickly asked, "Are you afraid of anything Link?"

I smiled, "Yes, many things," I thought immediately of Ghirahim and shuddered. He may have helped her this time, but I still don't trust him.

"I'll go home now. Bye Link!" I didn't even notice she left. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. Ghirahim smirked at me.

"Until next time Hero," He then disappeared in a burst of golden diamonds.. The sunlight began to show itself in rays of orange and pink. It had been yet another sleepless night. At least I had rested some before I woke from my frustrating dream. Today held nothing special so I jumped over the edge and called my Loftwing.

As I soared through the air, my mind tugged to the right, as if by some sort of instinct. I tilted my Loftwing to the right, feeling the tugging grow stronger. I frowned with confusion. I've never felt it before.

We flew to a distant land that was fairly small without any inhabitants. I found this odd. Why would I feel such strong pull to this place?

As I neared it, I noticed a person standing in the center. The closer I got the more details I noticed, and soon, I could tell who it was I was looking at. I hesitated, feeling a jolt of panic for a moment. Come on Link, get over it! I forced the fear to the back of my mind and hopped off my Loftwing. I  walked up to him, wondering what was pulling me toward him so strongly.

"How did you find me Skychild?" Ghirahim asked, turning to face me.

This confused me even more, "I felt something pull me in this direction," I felt nothing now, as if I was exactly where I was supposed to be. None of this made any sense.

Ghirahim crossed his arms and tapped a finger on his arm, "That's not right! Only I should feel that pull," He turned away in thought. It took me moments to understand.

"You mean, this is a side affect of what you did to me?" Fury ran through me quickly and I had a sudden temptation to push him over the edge.

"No Hero. And if you value your life, you won't take mine," He smirked and moved closer to me slowly. I was frozen in place. He knew what I was thinking? I stepped back until I was close to the edge, my anger now fear. Ghirahim moved closer and closer until he was pressing his body to me. I was too frightened to think about jumping over. All I could see was Ghirahim's black eyes. He rested his hands on my shoulders and leaned in, whispering in my ear, his breath tickled my neck, "Be careful to control your emotions Hero. I can sense them."

I wasn't sure if I was relieved or frightened more. He can't read my mind, but he knows what I'm feeling. Thought this can be just as much of a disadvantage. What frightened me most was his closeness, which hadn't let up.

Ghirahim's eyes roamed over me and he began to slowly trace the muscles of my chest. That was too far! I shoved him away and threw myself over the edge, whistling for my Loftwing. As I flew away from him, my stomach churned. What makes him think he can touch me like that? And why didn't I react sooner?

My frustration grew to fury as I flew closer to Skyloft. I hopped off my Loftwing and jogged for the training area to blow off some steam.

There was no one around, so I sliced logs for an hour to work off my frustrations. I rarely come here anymore, because I don't want to use my sword with others around. My long journey and trials left me with survival instincts that would put others in harms way. When you've spent a large amount of time fighting practically everything that moves, you're left with a kind of paranoia. Slice first and ask questions later.

When I felt I'd worked my anger out, I took a walk around Skyloft. The sun was high overhead, beating down on my face. With no specific duties to do today, I headed home. A nap is very much in order. I need to catch up on sleep, and maybe, I'll finish that dream.