Chapter Twenty One

"Okay, I'm just going to say what both of us were thinking. We're lost!" I sighed heavily, glaring at the sand that stretched on forever. "I don't even know why we're here, what makes us think that Ice Demon is telling the truth? She can melt for all I care!"

Ghirahim had been sitting nearby, letting me rant on. We'd been wandering around the desert for hours with no result. I've lost my patience and have been taking all of my rage out on the Ice Demon. She's the object of my anger and I won't imagine it any other way!

Ghirahim stood up and placed his arms firmly on my shoulders, rubbing circles into them with his thumbs. "It's here. I know it from my memories. I don't know who that girl is who or what she wants, but she didn't lie to us. I just don't know how to get to our destination. We'll get there Link."

I groaned and leaned against Ghirahim, feeling his comfort as he wrapped his arms around me. "Maybe if we just stop moving a guardian will find us." I laughed without humor.

"Yes, maybe."

I jumped away from Ghirahim and turned around. A petite girl with a deep purple, pixie haircut was standing there. She had amber eyes framed by purple eyelashes and a small face. She wore no clothes, but didn't exactly need them either. This was because from head to toe, all of her skin was covered in silver scales that glittered in the hot sun. She waved a webbed hand with a smirk, "The names Aquento. I'm the guardian of these parts." She rested a hand on her hip and crossed one webbed foot over the other.

I looked around me at the desert that surrounded us then eyed her scales. She seemed to notice because she laughed heartily.

"I'm shocked you got here since you're falling for the trap. This looked like a desert right?" She closed her eyes and spread her arms. An odd wave seemed to escape from her and surrounded the area. In an instant the scene melted away, revealing not a hot desert, but a chilly island surrounded by a huge lake. "The trap was an illusion. If you didn't know that how did you get here?" She cocked her head to the side with a curious smile.

Ghirahim scratched his head, "The guardian of the Crystal Ice Cave."

An angry look crossed her features, "Oh. Her." She frowned angrily, "That position was meant for Nevaeh, but she..." She averted her eyes then smiled, "Well, I suppose I should show you where the shard is located huh? Well you'll need this."

She tossed us each a silver tunic with a violet diamond print on the chests. I pulled mine on and it seemed to constrict around me until it was a snug fit but I could still move in it. The scaly demon nodded in approval then frowned.

"Where's Zeefa?"

I felt a pang in my chest and looked down. Ghirahim didn't say anything either and the guardian's eyes widened in understanding.

"No! She can't-" She glared and her ears elongated and her body seemed to stretch. "Follow me," Her voice deepened as she spoke, "We'll make them pay!"

Aquento dove into the water quickly and Ghirahim and I only hesitated a moment before following her lead. The tunic tightened around me and I felt an odd sensation in my throat and chest. I learned quickly that I could breathe with ease and swam alongside Ghirahim. Aquento had elongated and changed the moment she hit the water. Her legs morphed together and created a single fin and smaller fins grew on her elbows. She swam really quickly, making it difficult to keep up with her. However, Ghirahim and I managed to follow her to a vault looking door deep under the water. She twisted it twice to the right then once to the left and turned to Ghirahim.

Prove you are the king and it will open the door. I will wait for you on the island. Good luck my Lord.

Great, more telepathy. I didn't like the first-