Chapter 19 We're on a What Now?!

"Where do you wanna go?" Ryder asked as soon as we went out of the cinema.

"I need food" I said to him.

"Alright food it is" Ryder said grabbing my hand.

Wow touchy much?

"Umm Ryder?"

"Yeah?" he answered

"Do you really need to hold my hand?" I asked motioning to his hand that's holding me.

He smirked at me and said "We're on a date Ali and couples hold hands when they're on dates" and then squeezed my hand.

I just shrugged and said "Ok-wait.We're On A What Now?!" I shouted just when the idea sank into my brain.

"Gee chill Ali you're gonna break my ear drums" Ryder said covering his ears faking hurt . "Look I know that you've been crushing on my friend Ryan in a very long time and his obviously got a girlfriend now. But umm Ali I don't think breaking my eardrums would mend your broken heart" Ryder said and I swear my eyes popped when I heard that statement.

Well not because I'm jealous of the fact that Ryan's got a girlfriend but the fact that Ryder knows about it.

"How did you know about that?" I asked

He shrugged and said "Oh you know I passed by them in the boy's locker room and saw them making out I swear that was-"

I immediately cut Ryder off "Ewww I don't need details about that stuff okay? I just wanted to ask about how you knew I liked Ryan and not about the make out session or something"

Ryder stopped walking for a second and said "Wait. You don't like Ryan anymore?" he asked.

I shrugged and said "eh, we're good friends and I think that's good enough"

When I looked up to Ryder I saw him with the goofiest grin on his face.

I nudge him and said "stop doing that you look like a fool" and he just pouted at me.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and went straight to McDonalds.

"Really Ali?" Ryder said to me when we reached the place.

"What? It's not like I can afford a restaurant okay" I
said putting my hands up in defeat I thought Ryder would smile or something but I was surprised to actually see him frowning.

"Ali you're not paying for anything okay? Besides shouldn't the guy suppose to pay for the girl especially on dates?" he said

"You were serious about that?" I asked clearly surprised of what he said.

"Yu'p' " He said popping the 'p' "Now let's go to a restaurant and lemme treat you like you're on a proper date" Ryder said pulling me out of McDonalds.

**
***
"A Filipino restaurant? Really?" I asked Ryder

"Yup"

"Why?" I asked

"Actually I may or may not have canceled our flight to Palawan" Ryder said looking around for an available table.

"You did what?!"

"Yeah I knew you'd react this way" Ryder said.

"Ryder why did you do that?" I asked

"Look I'll explain everything to you but first let's take our seats"

"Fine" I answered and followed Ryder.

He pulled out a chair for me and helped me seat.

Okay let me tell you Ryder being a gentleman doesn't happen everyday might as well enjoy it.

"Speak" I said to
Ryder as soon as he took his seat.

"Okay here's the thing I figured since you and your sister are on world war 3. I wanted to help fix things up with her" Ryder said I opened my mouth but Ryder continued cutting me off "look I know shit happened between the two of you and trust me I know how it feels when your parents aren't there to help you both" yeah Ryder and Stacey's parents around all the time because of work.

"So how do you suggest I work things out with her Ryder? She hates me don't you see it?" I asked Ryder then I felt hot tears running down my face and realized that I'm now actually crying.

Ryder held my hand that was on the table and said "Just talk to her Ali see if things can still work out. Look I know that it would be hard but it's still worth the shot right?" I nodded and said

"Alright Ryder I'll try to work things out" and added in my head 'for you'

"Okay now dry your tears and let's order our food cause I'm seriously starving right now" Ryder said and rubbed his tummy.

I just chuckled at him and dried my tears.

"Oh! and Ali?"

"Yeah?"

"Stacey's in the Philippines right now"

That statement made my eyes pop out of their sockets and at the same time made my jaw drop.

He sent my Bestfriend instead of me?

"Oh! and she's gonna be there for a week" Ryder added cheekily.

"Seriously?!"

"U huh" he said while noding

•••

Believe it or not I actually made it through the meal without killing Ryder. He told me that Stacey really wanted to go to that place and he was forced to get her an early ticket. Jerk!

But anyways the meal was really great.

Ryder and I had some seafoods like crabs and shrimp and we even tried some of their local delicacies back there. I really love the Dried Mangoes that they have there.

"Ali?" Ryder called out

"Yeah?" I replied

"I had a great time" he said

I chuckled at him and said "shouldn't I be the one telling you that?" He just shrugged.

"I was just telling the truth, spending the day with was fun" this statement actually made my cheeks burn so I decided to look away so that Ryder couldn't see.

"T-thanks I h-had fun t-too" nice one Alison real smooth.

"Are you blushing?" Ryder said with a really amused smile "Oh My God you're actually blushing!" he said laughing really hard.

"Shut up!" I shouted at him

But instead of laughing he doubled his laughter.

Yup and that's how we spent the rest of the time arguing...........

***********
***********
**
Comment
Vote
Like