Chapter 11

The next morning, Mallyra woke up earlier than she usually did. She put that down to the last minute butterflies in her stomach. The sky was just starting to grow pink, and the chorus of birdsong was louder than she thought it would be at that time. Mallyra sat up in her bed, and looked around her dark room. She could just make out the shape of the bag on the end of her bed.

"Great.. I’ve got to carry that thing.." Mallyra groaned as she got up and lit her candle. The room sparked into life, and Mallyra blinked twice, adjusting her eyes to the light. She got dressed quickly into her brown trousers, white shirt and corset before, walking through to her bathroom to wash. The cool water was refreshing on Mallyra's face. She slowly padded into her kitchen to make a small breakfast. Mallyra made some sausages and a fried egg, and ate it incredibly quickly, burning her tongue.  Before she reached for her cloak, Mallyra hesitated and looked through to her mother and father’s room. Her father had fallen asleep on the floor next to where her mother laid, looking rather peaceful. Mallyra smiled to herself, walked up to them, and kissed them both on the forehead, before grabbing her brown coat and cloak and walking out into her garden, closing her perfectly round door behind her. The air was fresh and cold, with every breath Mallyra took, the coldness of it made her shudder.

The sun was just beginning to crawl into the sky, and a soft breeze rustled through the flowers in Mallyra's front garden. She turned to look back at her hobbit hole one last time. The brick door frame, small windows and circular blue door with a brass doorknob perfectly in the centre, surrounded by small vines growing up the side.

Mallyra sighed before she began to walk down the gravel path, it crunched sharply underneath her bare feet. They had all agreed the night before, to meet in the courtyard outside the Hobbiton market, and Mallyra quickly looked up to see it sitting peacefully in the distance. It was scarily quiet in Hobbiton, nobody and no animal stirred. The only thing to be heard was the birds beautiful song, and Mallyra trudging down the path.

Although she was feeling sick to her stomach, Mallyra wasn’t going to show it. Her mind was set on saving her mother’s life. In her bag, she also carried the book her father had given her, well, the one she had borrowed. Mallyra had thought ahead and thought it would be wise to bring it, along with her clothes and map. Mallyra stopped when she reached a wooden bench, before looking around and spotting Frodo walking towards her from the path that lead to Bag End.

"Good morning Mallyra, how do you fare?" he asked, smiling. Frodo was wearing three quarter length brown trousers and a green shirt with red braces. He wore a dark brown jacked and cloak. His curly brown hair was a little messy, but it didn’t really matter.

"I’m okay Frodo, just a little shaky. How about yourself?" She replied, shaking his hand.

"I’m good Mallyra, It’s a nice day to start and adventure." He replied, grinning. Mallyra smiled at him,

"Y'know.. You can call me Ra!" she insisted, but Frodo interrupted her.

"look, it’s Merry and Pippin!’ he said as he waved. Mallyra spun round to see two figures, one tall and blonde and the other short with brown curled hair, walking through the market.

"It’s funny how they’re best friends, Merry’s really smart and, well Pippin’s not the sharpest tool in the box.." Mallyra said, making Frodo chuckle to himself.

"They’re also cousins!" he added. Mallyra blinked, and then looked back at him in amazement,

"Cousins? You’d never have guessed.." She sighed, frowning at the thought. Frodo nodded before carrying on,

"Actually, I’m their cousin too! There’s just Sam who’s not really related to anyone.." He said grinning widely again. Pippin and Merry had grown closer, and were now only a few meters away when Mallyra looked again.