Chapter 13

Sam stood protectively in front of his friends, but a nervous chill filled him. He was sure he'd seen something or someone sitting in a nearby birch tree. With in a few moments of Sam shushing Mallyra and Pippin, he was proven correct. The shadowy figure Sam had spotted jumped down from it's perch, and slowly moved towards the five hobbits. 

"Greetings hobbits." a woman's voice drifted through the air. The owner of the voice made their way through the shrubbery and into the light of the clearing. Sam's eyes were met by the figure of a curvy, tall woman. But she was not ordinary woman. She was an Elf. Sam felt his jaw fall open a little, and took in a deep breath.

The elven woman had long, straight silver hair which glinted like metal in the sunlight, and eyes which were like that of a domestic cats in colour. A bright gold that shimmered to green when caught in a certain light. Her features were like the rest of her body, thin legs, curved waist, slightly broad shoulders and a thin face, with very prominent cheek bones. The elf was clothed in a long green robe which stopped just below her knees, with a thick brown belt around her waist, highlighting her figure even further. Over her legs, the elf wore dark brown trousers which clung to her tightly. On her shoulders, hung a deep green cloak that rippled behind her. On her belt, the elf branded a small knife with a leather sheath, and across her shoulder was a thin elven boe and sheath full of arrows.

"Who... who are you and what do you want?" Sam blurted out, his voice trembling slightly. The elf woman smiled down at Sam, before stepping back a little.

"I, Samwise Gamgee, am Lothiri of the high elves. And this.." she said, out stretching her hand backwards towards to forest. The shrubs rustled again, and a larger figure appeared. It walked slowly into the light, and revealed itself to be another elf, but this time it was a man. The male elf was of a big build, with thick golden hair which stopped just below his shoulders. His eyes were more golden than Lothiri's, almost burning bright orange in the morning sun light. He was dressed almost exactly like Lothiri, but his green robe stopped just past his waist, and instead of boe and arrows, the elf carried a large ivory white sword on his belt.

"This is Aiwendil of the woodland realm." Lothiri continued, as the other elf walked up to her side. Pippin peered up at him cautiously, trying to avoid looking at the gleaming sword on his belt. It was almost touching the floor, and was unlike any sword Pippin had ever seen before. The sword had jagged edges, with a black line running through its core. Pippin went to touch it, but Aiwendil quickly pulled his cloak over the sword and then glanced down at the hobbit. Pippin smiled and waved a little, but Aiwendil's face stayed solemn. 

"Why are you here? Who sent you? What do you want with us?" Sam stuttered, still standing his ground. Lothiri smiled a little, and then went down on to one knee. 

"We are here to help Mallyra Flintwater on her quest to find the great Etani and save Middle Earth." Lothiri smiled, watching as one by one, Sam, Frodo Pippin and Merry turned to look at Mallyra. The hobbit girl swallowed hard, and then attempted to smile. 

"So... how did you know we were here?" Mallyra asked, stepping forward a little. Lothiri stood up right again, before she spoke.

"We didn't know you were going to be here specifically, but we were told that you would be passing through this area. So we've been camping here for two days now." The elf said, turning to Aiwendil and slowly beginning to walk in the direction of where they had come from. 

"Wait, where are you going?" Mallyra questioned, peering at the elves. Lothiri and Aiwendil both turned to look at the five hobbits again.

"We've wasted enough time already Mallyra. We must get going again if we're to reach our first destination within the week. Now come along hobbits, we must move." Lothiri said with a more authoritative tone than usual. Mallyra frowned a little.