Chapter 1

"Please", Olivia whined as she tugged at the duvet that I was clutching over my head.

"No. Another night!", I answered groggily, my denial softy muffled by the pillow I buried my head in.

"But it's my birthday tomorrow, Rose" She threw her head back and howled at the ceiling, releasing my covers.

"Yes, key word there, tomorrow" I glared at her with one eye, still half asleep.

"But this could be an early present! Because you love me! Or I at least thought you did," She stuck out her bottom lip and hunched on top of my bed.

I groaned. "Let me get this straight, you want me to go out with you to a night club, on a Saturday night?" I huffed at her.

"See! You already know the drill! Now, lets put it into practice!" She threw her hands in the air excitedly.

"Fine!" I answered rolling out of bed.

"Oh my gosh! Really? oh I love you, I love you, I love you!" She shrieked, pouncing at me and hugging me around my waist.

I tried to grimace at her but I couldn't stop the playful smile creep up my face. Laughing, I peeled her off me and went to get dressed, this was going to be a long night.

Entering the bathroom, I growled at my reflection. Mascara had somehow travelled to my forehead, my hair resembled a blonde rats nest and my whole demeanour screamed 'messy'.

Sighing, I noticed my silver, flowery frame on the counter. Smiling, I lifted the heavy keepsake and studied the photograph inside. I missed my parents, the photo in the frame was three days before they went missing and five days before they were found in their car. In their car, in a ditch. Dead.

My eyes stung as I turned and placed the photo down. Absentmindedly wiping dust off it, I glanced at my younger self, my past self. This photo was taken about a year ago, yet, that person sitting, smiling, with her parents was not me. No, that me died when they did.

*********************************

An hour later, I emerged from the bedroom in a black knee length dress, super uncomfortable heels and simple makeup. Olivia clasped her hands together dramatically, smiling from ear to ear. She was wearing a short red dress and heels that made her tower my 5"2 height. She was absolutely gorgeous, every girl wanted to be her and every guy wants to have her.

Without a word, she pushed my purse into my arms, grabbed my hand and dragged me from our apartment into the elevator. 

I leaned against the elevator wall as she practically vibrated next to me. Her auburn hair swayed from side to side as she strolled gracefully out of the elevator and into the street with me stumping along behind her.

The hairs on my body rose as we arrived at the club, it was freezing. How did Olivia even know this place? I pondered as she strolled up to a broad shouldered, stern faced bouncer. We both revealed our ID's and he let us in with a nod, winking at Olivia. 

Strobe lights danced and bounced against the walls and the various amount of bodies that were writhing and dancing on the dance floor. I don't suit situations like this. Immediately, Olivia headed for the dance floor and was seductively moving her body next to a rather attractive man and to the beat blasting through the speakers.

I decided on grabbing us drinks, god knows I need one. Keeping my head low, I manoeuvred my way through the dancers toward the bar. The bar was plastered with a wall of very tall bodies, there was no way I was going to get served. It seemed like the DJ heard my silent plea as the music changed and everyone at the bar dispersed toward the dance floor. Yes!