Chapter 16

I stopped calling, realising who I was probably talking to. The footfalls multiplied, surrounding the wreckage. Shrinking back, I suppressed a yelp. My leg was trapped and a broken piece of metal was sticking out of it. I bit my lip as warm, thick blood soaked my clothes. Tearing my eyes from the stomach lurching wound, I focused on Marco. He still wasn't moving. I slid as close as possible, my body receiving endless lacerations from broken glass. Moving my bloody hand to his face I tried to rouse him. 

What if he was dead? The thought made my body go cold.

"Rose Waters!" The voice shattered the silence making me jump. It had come from the rear of the car and I peered through the back window. I could see mens leather shoes, black trousers and a crowbar. It was swinging next to his leg before disappearing and returning against the glass, breaking through. I screamed, covering my face as glass rocketed past me. The man got down on his knees, staring into the car. His eyes fell on me and a dark grin spread across his face. I backed away.

"What-who- why are you doing this?!" I yelled as he crawled towards me, his hand disappearing into his jacket. 

He ignored my questions, crawling over Marcos limp body. 

His hand emerged from the jacket holding a gun. I curled into a ball, readying myself for death.

A shot rang out, deafening me.

I tensed but my body felt no impact of a bullet. A hand grasped my leg before another shot rang out. Suddenly, my leg was free from its trap. He yanked me towards him, dragging me out of the car as my head grew heavy. The light was piercing. He held me up, my body was too weak to stand. A group of men and women were surrounding the car. I looked at the damage. Debris was strewn across the road, the car  was completely on its side. Petrol slowly flowed from somewhere by the bonnet. We were on a dirt road. I couldn't see buildings for miles..

"You have to help M-m-"I started.

"Marco? Marco Pacciello?" He scoffed, an american accent becoming evident. The people laughed around us. "We are not saving you, honey. Believe me, we will take real good care of him". He said, jerking his head towards the others who started moving towards the car. 

Fire surged within me. My elbow connected with his nose producing a sickly crunching noise. He yelled, releasing me. I turned before I was yanked back by my hair. There was a sharp pain on the back of my head and everything went black as I fell unconscious.

A/N: I know they have been short chapters lately, but I would love to know what you guys think? Any suggestions? What did you guys think of the trailer?

Remember to Comment/vote lovely people!