Chapter 10

As soon as we entered the corridor, he walked ahead with me following. He looked deep in thought as we descended in the lift. 

He turned to me, his expression smoothing and his eyebrows relaxing, "look, Rose... You-".

The lift doors opened. Gun shots echoed through the building. Silhouettes were running around under the strobe lights. My heart started thudding against my ribcage. I couldn't figure out who was shooting. 

"Merda" Marco cursed in angry, shocked Italian. 

I froze. "Marco..." I stuttered. He turned to me.

"Rose, Rose look at me." He tried to get my attention but I couldn't tear my eyes from the murderous scene playing out in the club in front of me. Marco grasped my chin and turned my face towards him. His other hand disappeared inside his suit, reaching for his gun."Rose, go back upstairs, hide-". Before he could finish his order he was yanked back by the shoulder. A brawny man had pulled him, he was wearing a suit and had a gun showing in the waistline of his trousers. He punched Marco in the jaw sending him to the floor. The man then looked up, stepping around Marco, his eyes focused on me. There was a dark smirk on his face as he made his way towards me. I whimpered as my back hit the wall behind me.

His face went blank, two feet away from me and he fell to the floor. Marco stood behind him, gun raised. Blood was splattered on his face and his expression was deadly. "Rose, go upstairs. Now!" He shouted over the gun shots flying around the room. Someone attacked Marco from the side, knocking the gun from his hand. Marco hardly flinched, elbowing the man in the face before kneeing him in the side and disarming him swiftly. I stumbled to the button on the door, frantically pressing it as the doors closed painfully slowly. 

A hand entered the gap as it was closing. A hand covered in blood. My heart stopped as another man wrenched the door open. He was around my age. He was wearing a fully black tuxedo. He had black hair, covered in blood and sweat. He grinned wickedly at me as he lifted his gun. "There you are, beautiful. Your coming with me." He grabbed my arm in a steel grip and pulled me into the madness of the dark club. I couldn't see Marco anywhere. Hell, right now I would be glad to see any of the Italian mafia. I thrust my body backwards away from him. I slowed him momentarily, but he never stopped. I twisted my arm, painfully trying to get him to release me. Instead, he turned and, without hesitation, pressed his shoulder into my stomach, standing up. Throwing me over his shoulder with brute force. I pounded on his back as hard as I could, he hardly noticed. So instead, I tried to see where we were going. All I saw was suited men. Some of their faces illuminated momentarily as shots were fired. Thats it. I yelled before sinking my teeth into his back. He wasn't expecting that. 

"Aah, you mutt." He yelled, releasing me. I landed on a chair, he was surprisingly tall and the fall hurt badly. He looked furious. Wrapping his hands around my neck, he lifted me off my feet and walked until my back slammed against a wall. "To hell with her plans for you. Ive got my own." He growled, restricting my airways. I was suffocating. I desperately tried to pry his hands from my neck but they were like stone.

A shot fired close by. His mouth fell open as his back arched. He released me and I dropped to the floor, gasping for breath. A fist collided with the side of his head sending him flying into the chairs that he dropped me on. Aldo was by my side, lifting me to my feet.

"Aldo-" I started to warn him as the man in black raised his gun. It fired. The sound of the gun shot ricocheted through my head. Aldo cursed. He wasn't injured though. I furrowed my eyebrows as my legs gave way. There was blood all over my dress, running down my arms and pooling on the floor. I had been shot. The shooter gave a look of grief as he realised what had happened, his face went pale. He raised the gun to his head and fired, collapsing amongst the wreckage of the furniture. "I-I-..." I stuttered but no words came out. The shooting began to cease as the club went darker. My eyes shut as my body was lifted from the floor. 

"Rose, no , maledizione Rose . Tu rimani vivo , mi senti? Il vostro non è ancora fatto ! Non abbiamo ancora finito!" Marcos voice echoed through the darkness before I fell into black.

(Rose, no, damn it Rose. You stay alive, you hear me? Your not done yet! We are not done!)