Chapter 4

Detangling myself from the covers, I quietly put my toes down on to the black carpet that covered the floor. Once stood, I listened for any movement other than the sound of the water falling in the shower. I tip-toed to the door, passing the ceiling-to-floor window. Glancing outside, my heart jumped with hope as I saw apartments, clubs and buildings. Until, I took a closer look. They were all empty, no sight or signs of a human anywhere. I bit my lip worriedly before half jogging to the door. Clasping my hand around the handle, I pressed down. To my dismay, but to no surprise, it was locked.

"È chiuso" I heard a voice behind me. I spun around, guiltily. He was a few feet away. He was smirking at me, his hair was dripping and tousled. He only had a pair of black jeans on and his arms were crossed over his immaculate chest.

"I- uh, I don't speak..." I stuttered, trying to keep my eyes on his face, while mine went scarlet. 

"Italian?" He finished my sentence, narrowing his eyes. I shook my head, staring down. "Well, I said it was locked,"he chuckled.

A burst of anger exploded in my chest and I looked up, crossing my arms. "I figured that one out, thanks".

"No problem," he smirked, sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"Why am I here?" I demanded.

"Enough questions, Rose." He said, putting a hand through his hair. My breath hitched.

"How do you know my name?"

"Oh, I know a lot about you, Petalo"

"Why do you keep calling me that?!" I was getting angry now, "You already know my name."

"You really don't know a word of Italian do you?" He said, raising his eyebrows.

I just glared at him. He walked towards me, my back hit the wall and he put two strong arms against it, caging me in. Leaning down, he whispered into my ear, teeth grazing my skin sending shivers down my spine. "C'è così tanto che potrei fare per voi , voi non nemmeno conto." Then he moved down my neck before whispering in english, "I can make you disappear. No one will ever find you now. Not until I'm done with you."

(There is so much I could do to you, you don't even realise.)

"Why?" My voice cracked.

"You'll find out, petalo" He said, his hands moving down to my waist. Then behind the small of my back, he then yanked my hips to his body so he was leaning over me, staring into my eyes. "But you have to behave. Or I won't be as nice next time." He growled the last few words.

Then he pushed me away from the door, opening it. "Get washed and dressed. I'll be back in thirty minutes." He said as the door shut and the lock clicked.