Chapter 25

My eyes lingered in the direction Eric had gone for a few moments before I cleared my throat, putting my fork down and looking up at Marco. His eyes were on me. They looked terrifying as they studied my face, never moving, even when a waitress dropped off two more glasses of alcohol. 

"Lets go." He suddenly snapped at me, standing up from the booth. I didn't argue, sloshing back my drink and briskly standing up, no longer desiring food. He wrapped his large hand around my wrist, guiding me through the crowd with no words. He nodded at his men as we exited.

His strides were unbelievably large and he seemed conflicted, his eyes moving to me and away again as we reached the elevator. My head was slightly swimming but the past hour had sobered me up quite well. Marco half punched the button to the elevator, so aggravated he didn't even notice me jump and slightly sway under his strong, bruising grip. The doors seemed to take an age, the numbers above it ever so slowly descending to our floor. 

"Whats wrong?" I half whispered, staring up at him. He kept his eyes on the metal, his jaw flexing. 

The doors suddenly opened and he pulled me in with him, stabbing the button before finally turning towards me with a guarded expression before hesitating, "I-I don't... I can't - its not," He stopped, looking down and scrunching his face, releasing me and putting his hand in a fist against the wall of the lift. 

I don't know what came over me but I felt sympathy, something was really troubling him,  I moved forward and placed my hand on his tense one, attempting weakly to soothe his worries. His eyes opened and looked at me. My breath hitched. His face was so vulnerable, so open. I could see the pain in his eyes before he growled, "Fuck it." Suddenly moving forward, closing the distance between us, his lips finding mine and his body pressing me to the wall. Both hands moved to my face as his lips caressed mine. My body longed for him, curving to fit his. My shaking hands gripped his suit and he growled, deepening the kiss. It intensified and one of his hands moved down my back as he pushed me into the corner, half lifting me from the ground as his lips moved to my neck. I gasped, my breathing uncontrollable. It was electrifying.

My hands found his face and I pulled it up to meet mine, our eyes met and we both stared at each other, breathing uncontrollably before I pulled his lips to mine again, my hands moving up through his hair. I wanted to touch every inch of him all at once, to be one. His lips briefly grazed my lower lip, and I moaned against him. This was full of desire with a desperate red hot energy that encompassed us both. Everything felt like it was fading away, all my problems and thoughts were taken up by him. 

The kiss broke, all too soon. We stayed in the same position, foreheads touching, for what felt like forever as we attempted to regain our scattered breath. A dark smile took over his face as his thumb moved over my swollen bottom lip and he murmured, "We have arrived, petalo."

A confused look came over my face before I realised that we were on our floor. "Oh," I stuttered, not wanting to move. 

He seemed just as scattered as he took a reluctant step back, "I think I should- uh - go," He must have seen my panicked face as he corrected himself, "only downstairs, I need to tell my men about... Eric," his jaw tensed at the name, "Also, maybe its not a good idea to be alone with you right now," he grinned cheekily, his hands moving into a clasp together just below his belt buckle and I knew what he meant. I blushed, looking down before he moved forward, lifting my face and growling down at me, eyes full of desire "even I don't know what I would do, Rosa." The last word fell from his lips so seductively, I couldn't breathe. 

I didn't say anything as he moved me from the elevator and into the corridor before pressing the button to go back down. His eyes never leaving mine as the elevator doors slowly closed. Leaving me in the corridor, alone.