The Kiss by the Fountain (Italy)

The carriage meanders along down the narrow streets. You sit inside, fidgeting with you hair, fixing imaginary stray hairs. Your older sister slaps your hand away.

"Stop that. You'll only mess it up trying to fix it." Your face falls into a pout only because she is right.

"I am sorry, sister. I'm only nervous."

"Don't be nervous. You are going to meet him and all your nerves will disappear." You have a hard time believing that, but you must trust your sister. The carriage hits a bump in the road sendig you and your sister flying.

"Sorry about that." The driver yells back.

"It's alright." Your sister yells back at him. You settle back into your seat, adjusting you (h/l) (h/c) hair back into place. You check over your (f/c) dress, making sure nothing is out of place.

"What is he like?" You ask your sister. You have asked this many times before tonight but no matter how many times you hear it, it is never enough.

"I have already told you a hundred times-" She looks at you face an relents with a sigh. "Alright. He's very tall, muscular, with long blond hair, and gorgeous blue eyes." She continues talking as you fall into a dream. You picture yourself at the ball, dancing gracefully with his man. You are so far gone in this dream your sister has to shake you to get your attention.

"What?"

"We're here."

The coach driver opens the door and your sister makes her way out. You take a deep breath, then exit the carriage. The first thing you see is the gigantic marble staircase leading up to the even more magnificent mahogany door. The building itself is even more fantastic made from beautiful red bricks.

You sister takes you hand, giving it a light squeeze as you two ascend the staircase. The doors open to reveal a grand hall which leads to the ballroom. You walk into the room and since you are a little late the party is in full swing. One of the butlers greets you, and your sister asks him to tell "the man" that you have arrived. The butler goes off to find him and you sister walks you around.  This is your first ball so you are slightly nervous.

"Do not be so nervous. Just relax." Your sister whispers in your ear. She turns and see one of her friends and drags you over to her.

"Oh isn't she just precious." The woman gushes over you as if you are a small child, even though she is only a few years older than you.

"Hello," you say with a slight bow out of respect.

"______, this is my friend Elizabeta." You sister tells you.

"Nice to meet you," you say quietly back. The girls start talking, and you get the chance to sneak away. You walk around the room, admiring everything; the food, the chandeliers, the massive painting on the walls. Someone interrupts your admiring and you assume it's your sister. You turn and see a man there instead. He is young but a man nonetheless. He has almost chin length light brown almost auburn hair with a strange curl sticking out the side. He has gorgeous golden eyes that you get lost in. Its takes a moment for you to realize he has been talking.

"I'm sorry. What?"

"Ciao, bella." He says in Italian surprising you.

"Ciao. Io sono _____" you say back to him surprising him this time.

"Io sono Feliciano Vargas. Nice to meet you." He holds out a hand. You take it and he raises it to his lips giving it a gentle kiss. You blush from this and take you hand back. "Are you alone?" he asks, hopeful.

"I'm here with my sister actually." You search the crowd briefly but you don't see her. "I cant see her right now but I am supposed to be meeting someone here but I don't know where he is either. So I guess I am alone at the moment, yes." You smile at this Feliciano.

He points to the painting you had been staring at before he had came up. "Do you like this?"

"Very much so." You turn back to look at the painting of the most beautiful angels you have ever seen.

"That's mine."

You look at him, "You...You painted this?" You ask incredulous. He beams and nods. "Wow. That's amazing."

"Si. My friend owns this mansion and I gave him this for his birthday one year. He's like my brother."

"That's so nice of you." You are really starting to like Feliciano.

"Do you want to dance...at least until "the other man" shows his face."

"I would be delighted." You take his hand as a new song starts. A waltz. One hand on you waist, the other firmly grasping yours you twirl around the dance floor. He is amazing since you have never really danced before. He makes you look good. You twirl, and dip, and at one point he lifts you up and holds you there staring into your eyes. You have butterflies in your stomach, but they are good butterflies. The song ends and you stop dancing. You just stare at each other, panting; huge smiles on each of your faces. ,

"Come with me," he says, leading you away from the dance floor. You follow willingly just wanting to be with him. He takes you out onto one of the balconies. "Look," he points out. You gasp at what you see.

"That's amazing." You see a glorious fountain surrounded by hundreds of candles. "Wow..."

"You like it?" he asks me.

"Of course. That's not your is it?"

He laughs, "No...my grandpa design it." You look at him.

"So your whole family is artistic."

"Well, my fratello....has his moments," You both laugh. "Would you like to go see it up close?" He asks you. You nod frantically, taking his hand and pulling him back inside. He stops you and you look at him. He point to the stairs leading off of the balcony and you giggle, embarrassed. He leads you down the stairs, through the rose garden, to the fountain.

"This is amazing," You say, twirling around, your gown spinning around you. He catches you and holds close. You look up at him and your whole world is glowing. You put your arms around his neck and smile at him. He places a hand under you chin and starts to lean in. He stops and looks at you.

"What about that other man?"

"What other man?" You say with a coy smile. He smiles back and leans in and gives you the most breathtaking kiss.

Up on the balcony your sister watches you down by the fountain. Arms snake around her waist, and she look up at the man behind her. His long blonde hair and blue eyes make her smile.

"Our plan worked perfectly," he says.

"Yes. She is growing up." Your sister turns and walk back inside leaving you alone.

So? How was it? I thought this idea would be really cute. I hope it was. Did you figure out who the "other man" was? Oh hon hon hon...

I really enjoyed writing this and I want to give a shout out to @LouisValler014 who helped inspire me to write this chapter. Thanks so much for you love and support.

Thanks to all the others who read my stories and who comment and vote and just I love everyone. I will update with more chapters soon.

PEACE, LOVE, DOITSU!!!