Chapter 13

Remember to vote!

------------------------------

Waking up that morning was like waking up the dead. My eyes felt glued to each other and my bed had never felt so comfortable. The alarm beeped loudly and I wanted to chuck something at it so it would shut up and I could continue sleeping. Please stop. Just let me sleep. This isn’t fair. Shut up, shut up, shut -

“Cammie! Wake up! We have to leave in ten minutes!” James pounded on my door and I groaned. Well this all sucked very much. I managed to roll out of bed, rather ungracefully, stumbling about my room, stripping off my pajamas and pulling on real clothes. Today was not a day to care about my appearance a whole lot. I had under three hours of sleep, this couldn’t be healthy. Stumbling into the bathroom, I did my duties and washed my face, not having enough time to take a shower. 

Allons-y Cam! Vamos! Vite vite!” I heard James yell from downstairs.

“Shut up, I’m coming!” Snatching my bag, I started for the stairs before remembering Mom’s phone still perched in James’ room. Did they discover it? Quickly sneaking in, I rushed over to where Mom hid it. It shut off from inactivity, but it remained untouched. Grabbing the phone and sending the video to myself, I placed Mom’s phone on a little table across from her room and ran down the stairs to meet the boys and book it out the door.

The car ride was fairly silent, due to all of us dozing off. I wanted to rub it in the boys’ faces about how my prank was thoroughly successful, however, we were all too tired and I feel like I just would have made them annoyed instead of appreciate a prank well done. We pulled into the lot, flashing our passes, and the boys took off for hair and make up while I settled for heading over to the Zone. Finch welcomed me like always as I grabbed a muffin and coffee and settled on the couch to watch the first batch of filming. Sighing, I pulled out my phone to watch the video of the prank. It was pitch black, as expected, but then I heard rustling and the same dialogue I heard from the night before. But lucky for me, they turned the lamp on in order for me to see. James wore his light grey sweatpants and I could see the dark wet spot on his pants and he  walked about his room like a penguin, trying not to touch the wet spot. Biting my knuckle, I tried to not laugh to loudly. James threatened me already about showing anybody the pictures, if he knew there was a video as well, I would be seriously dead. Liam then rolled off his mat on the floor and stood to his feet, looking at his own soaked pants and by this point my eyes were watering and my stomach clenched to keep me from laughing aloud. 

“Cam? You alright?” I looked up to see Carson standing before me.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” I wiped the tears away from my eyes, the smile not diminishing. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready?” I asked him.

“I am ready!” His hair was mussed and he looked like he had mud on his face.

“You need a shower.”

“I’m supposed to look like this, alright? I just got out of a fight.” He explained.

“Oh my gosh, are you ok?” I sprung to my feet, pretending to be concerned. “My poor baby, I’ll take care of you.” Carson stuck out his bottom lip.

“Cammie, my hand feels heavy. Hold it for me.” He lifted his hand and let it drop back to his side and I laughed shortly and then smacked his arm. “Ow! What was that for?”

“Two reasons. One; you can’t call me Cammie yet. Two; pick up lines will get you nowhere. And that wasn’t even a hard hit.” I scolded as I settled back on the couch, picking up my phone where I left it.

“You know you liked the line, babe. Now,” he fell to the seat beside me and draped his arm over me, “what are you up to? You were smiling and crying like an idiot before.”