Chapter 17

Remember to vote and comment!

----------------------------------------->

Filming the first half passed uneventfully, as usual. I did, however, enjoy the action shots, even if I watched the same fight thirty times over, as the crew made sure everything looked real. Gemma and Ava kicked down two behemoth men, as Carson threw one of his knives that never actually made contact, as James and Liam took on several people at once, working together to own all their lives. My Batman oil pastel lay finished in my sketchbook and I didn’t know what else to do with myself after taking another million random pictures and doodling. 

“Cam, lunch time,” Bonnie told me, peeking her head around the corner. “You can leave your stuff here, we’ll come back for it later.” I pushed myself off my seat, following her to the cafeteria. I spotted the boys walking together, speaking in hushed tones, their gestures large and slightly ridiculous.

“Bonnie, I’ll just walk with the guys,” I said, starting to walk over as Bonnie nodded and headed on her way. 

“You guys don’t get it, what if I do something stupid?” I heard James say.

“Well that’s just in your nature,” Carson said, shrugging passively.

“Hey,” James glared at him. “I can ask a girl out without making a fool of myself.”

“Prove it mate,” Liam said.

“What ch’ya guys talking about?” I asked as I approached the group.

“Camilla!” Carson threw his arms in the air, looking like a five year old on Christmas.

“That’s not my name, Carson.” He shrugged and draped his arm over my shoulders, putting most of his weight on me, making me stumble like a drunkard. Pushing him off, I looked at the three boys again. “So. What were you talking about?” I eyed James in particular, having a feeling I knew what their topic of conversation was.

“Can’t tell you, Cam. Man’s honor,” Liam said, putting his hand over his heart.

“Yup, sorry,” Carson added.

“Guys, she already knows,” James told them, shoving them aside and walking ahead. “Cam, I don’t know if I can do this.”

“What do you mean? It’s Ava. She’s not going to bite your head off,” I said, quickening my pace to walk beside him.

“No, but she might say no.” I rolled my eyes.

“James, it’s really not that hard. Just ask her if she’d like to go to dinner. Or a movie. Or some other really cliché date.”

“You ask somebody out then.” He eyed me and I instantly knew who he was referring to.

“Fine,” I huffed, quickly turning to Liam. “Want to go for coffee soon?”

“Sure,” he responded, barely taking a moment to think about his answer. I whirled back around to face James and smirked.

“Your turn.” James looked at us, jaw slacked.

“And look, there’s Ava right now. And oh! She’s by herself! What an excellent opportunity for someone to go over and, oh I don’t know, engage in conversation and ask her out,” Carson chimed in and James finally took a deep breath of air and headed over.

“Oh my gosh, he’s actually doing it,” I wanted to smile like a little kid again, but I couldn’t be obviously watching them from afar.

“Think he’s going to choke?” Carson asked from behind me where we slowly inched towards the cafeteria, but still taking our dear sweet time to watch the scene.