North Italy: Singing Child Reader to Sleep

The day had been long and hot and night brought the coolness everyone had been hoping for. As of currently you were at your Uncle Feli's house and he was cleaning up dinner, while you tried pulling yourself into bed.

The room you were staying in was rather small, with a big bed and a dresser near the door. A bathroom was across the hall, and if you turned right then you'd see the kitchen and living area, where your uncle was cleaning.

Your mother had left you with him for the weekend. She knew you'd have a good time considering your uncle was a bit childish himself. He had been very happy to take care of you and had filled the day with fun activities. It had been great while it lasted, but now that the moon peaked over the hills and the stars winked at you from the bedroom windows, the days events seemed far off and exhausting.

After struggling for a moment, you felt two strong arms lift you into bed and tuck you in among the covers. Turning to face your uncle you couldn't help but smile as he struck up a familiar tune.

He hummed and sang your favorite lullaby, as he always did when you stayed over. Before long you felt your eye lids droop. The world became dark and soothing, and then finally you drifted off to sleep.

--

Link to my original post: http://aphimagining.tumblr.com/post/133026057615/i-really-like-your-writings-and-i-hope-you-keep-it

Link to my Ask Box: http://aphimagining.tumblr.com/ask

Link to my Blog Page: http://aphimagining.tumblr.com/

Thanks for reading!

-K.