Chapter 3

Narrator's POV
A few hours into their slumber Shadow had awoken and looked at his lover. He smiled at his husband's sleeping form on his chest fur and then wiggled out of his grasp to stand up and stretch.

The full moon shone through the trees, as he stared up at the night sky and then back at his lover,who had began to stir from the lack of warmth from his lover.

He smirked at this and walked over an picked him up bridal style."Be calm now my dear I'm here and always will be." He continued to whisper sweet nothings into Sonic's ear as he carried him and together fell asleep in bed.

Time Skip( 4 Weeks)
Shadow's POV

Four weeks had passed since that magical day that we had. Sonic and I have never been closer then what we are now, but I still feel like something is wrong.

For the past four weeks Sonic's dreams seem to have gotten worse. He would wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, panting out of breath and crying and everytime I ask if he is all right he gives me the same smirk and tells me not to worry and go back to sleep.

That is not that only thing that is going on though.
Flashback ( 2 weeks ago)
I was laying in bed fast asleep, when I woke up to strange noise that I had never heard before. I opened my eyes and turned over to face Sonic's side of the bed to see that he wasn't there.

It was about 7 in the morning, way way earlier then when Sonic usually woke up, so you can say that I got a bit suspicious. I looked around the room and noticed that the bathroom light was one so walked over and checked it out.

*knock knock knock* "Sonic are you in there? "

~ ...(silence)

*knock knock knock*"Sonic, love, open door are you alright?"

~...(silence)

"Sonic this isn't funny if you don't open this door right now I'm gonna go in!"

~...(silence)

"That's it I coming in!"

I reached down and put my hand on the door knob getting ready to turn it when, the door opened revealing a pale Sonic.

"Morning love!" Sonic said as he strutted out of the bathroom and walked back over to the bed.

I just stood there dumbfounded and watched as he walked out like nothing happened. Sonic turned and saw this,"Uhhh honey are you ok?"

I swear that a giant neon question mark was just hovering over my because of the way I feeling right about then,"What just happened?" I sounded even more dumbfounded then before.

"What you taking about Shads?" Sonic tried to play off the question by tilting his head and lowering one of his. That usually would have got me but not this time I was extremely curious.

"Don't give me that innocent act Sonic you know exactly what I'm asking about! You were just in the bathroom making a bunch of racket doing chaos knows what and just walk out like nothing happened! What were you doing in there?"

Sonic just stared at me shocked but then changed back to signature smirk," Oh Shads you don't have to worry about me, it's just a little stomach bug I'll be fine tomorrow"

End of flashback

Well it's been four weeks since he told me that and everyday it seems to get worse and worse.

Every morning at around seven he runs into the bathroom and pukes his guts out. Half the time I wonder what he could possibly be puking out because since then he's only been drinking water and he won't even go near food because even the smallest whiff of food makes him run right back to the toilet.

Well im sick of this routine! Four weeks have passed and it's once again 7 in the morning and were is his? Puking his brains out as usual! I have finally decided that enough is enough! Im gonna have a talk with him!

I got up from bed and walked over to the bathroom. I opened it up and walked in without knocking. Sonic was cleaning his mouth trying to rid the horrible taste that bile left, when he jumped from the sound of the door opening. "WHAT THE HELL SHADS! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!" "I WAS JUST ABOUT TO ASK YOU THE SAME DAMN THING!" I then grabbed his arm and dragged him to the bed and made him sit down.

" Now Sonic you are gonna tell me what going to right now! What is wrong with you and why are you so sick?!?" I held his hands to keep him from getting up and walking/running away.

"Shads I told you it's just a stomach I-.." I interrupted his sentence with a slow head shake. I calmed down a bit and started into his emerald eyes. I could tell he was hiding something just by looking into them. His eyes just have a way that seem scream out when he is not telling the truth to me and this was one of those moments.

Sonic's POV
Ugh he's doing it again! I hate it when he does that! He stares at me just searching my eyes for an answer. I guess I knew this day was coming sooner or later. I just wish later wasn't today.

I stared into his begging crimsons. I could tell that behind his anger he was really worried. I know what is wrong with me. I've known for about a week and a half now but I'm not sure if I can tell him. I contained to stare but then just looked down at the floor.

What would he say? How would he react? What if he decides to just pack up and leave me right here and leave me alone? I don't wanna be alone not again! I was alone for the longest time until I met him, he brought light to my life and helped find purpose in it again. If he left I don't know what I would do, but I can't just not tell him he'll eventually notice it and have to ask me.

I looked back up at him, his face just showed eagerness and worry. I couldn't hold it in any longer. The look of his face just tore me up. I leaned over the side of the bed and puked. My guilt and stress spreading all over the carpet after i finished I put my head in my hands and started screaming.

"I'M SORRY!I'M SO SORRY!I'M SO SELFISH! I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU! I SHOULDN'T HAVE KEPT THIS A SCERET FOR THIS LONG!WE BOTH PROMISED NO SECRETS AND I BROKE THAT PROMISE! PLEASE SHADS I PROMISE ILL NEVER KEEP A SECRET FROM YOU AGAIN DONT HURT ME MASTER IM SORRY IM SORRY!"
Then everything went black.
--------------------------------------------- Hey guys here is chapter 3 I hope you all enjoy and have a very happy thanksgiving enjoy your turkey. :p