Chapter 9

Shadow's POV
"Awww Shadow look its so tiny! Its hands can't be much bigger then my pinkie and look at those little feet they're so cute. Oh Shadow look its sucking its thumb isn't that adorable!"

This is all that i have been hearing from my husband for the past fifteen minutes that we had been walking home.

He wouldn't take his eyes off of the photo not even to look where he was going. For the first couple of blocks i was holding his not just out of love but also ti pull and keep him out of trouble.

I had to yank him around holes and push him to keep him from colliding with trees, and pull his arm back hard to keep him from walking into a busy street as we waited to pass.

We finally made it back home a very long and tiring thirty minutes later. I trudged up the stairs and unlocked the door and tripped over the door frame and fell as i walked in.

Sonic walked in and saw this," Shadow honey you should be more careful like me," i growled under breath as he helped me up.

" Yes dear your right i will," i groaned as he smiled at me and then skipped to the kitchen with the picture still in his grasp.

I sat down on the couch to relax and listened to him scurry around in the kitchen. I was exhausted so i started to doze off, but i noticed something wasn't right.

I sat up and listened to hear the Sonic wasn't making any noise. I stood up and walked over to the kitchen and stood in the doorway where i saw Sonic quietly sobbing in the corner.
I bolted across the floor fully alert now. "Whats wrong Sonic what happened!" I said as i ran over to his side.

"I'm sorry Shadow! I'm so sorry!," he sobbed into my shoulder as i held him in my arms. "Why Sonikku? Why are you sorry? What happened?," i asked.

"It's all my fault!" he cried. "What is?!" I was getting nervous. He then lifted his head and pointed over to kitchen counter. "I'm to weak to open the pickle jar!" He said as tears ran dow his face.

"What your crying cause you can't open a jar of pickles?" He nodded and i scratched my head in confusement.

"I'm sorry Shadow i don't mean to be so useless. You probably think of me as a stupid and helpless bother because i'm to weak to open and jar of pickles don't you?" He said as he looked up at me.

"No not all darling," i then pulled him into a hug, but he pushed me away. "DONT LIE TO ME SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG!! I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING!! YOUR THINKING THAT IM A USELESS HUMAN BEING HE IS JUST TAKING UP SPACE!! WELL IM SORRY IF THAT IS HOW I MAKE YOU FEEL!!"

He screamed at me and then ran off upstairs and plopped himself down on the bed and stared crying again. "WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME!?!?" He screamed from the bed as he barried his face in the pillow.

I just stood there dumbfounded in the middle of the  kitchen with a stupid look on my face trying to figure out what just happened.

I then walked back into the living room and sat on the couch," there is only thing i know that can help me now," i thought aloud and i reached into my quills and pulled out the book that Dr. Harrison gave me. "Lets begin the research," i said thought out loud as i open the book to chapter one.