Chapter 5

Shadow's POV
Super went by pretty quickly. After we had cleaned up the kitchen and washed out dinner dishes Sonic and I snuggled together on the couch and watched a movie. All though I wasn't even paying attention to it.

I just sat there with Sonic cuddled in my lap listening to him purr as I rubbed his still unnoticeable belly.

It was to early for him to actually feel or notice anything but he still liked the way it felt when I did it.

Soon the clock we had chimed loudly, telling us that is was ten and time for bed. Even though he wanted to walk, I couldn't help myself and picked him up bridal style and carried him upstairs.

"Shads I'm fine! You don't have to carry me everywhere! I can walk you know!"" I know you can but I just can't help myself love! I just want to help you. Your just so fragile and light and the way you blush when I carry you is sooo adorable!"

"HEY I AM NOT FRAGILE! DONT CALL ME THAT! I KICKED EGGMAN'S ASS A THOUSAND TIMES AND YOU KNOW IT! I chuckled at his reaction as he blushed in my arms after he yelled at me for calling him fragile.

"Besides, I know your only doing this because i'm pregnant! You wouldn't be treating me like this if I wasn't." I stopped walking up the stairs and looked down at him.

"Wait you think i'm treating you like this because your pregnant?" Sonic shook his head yes. "Yes,I know you are and if I wasn't pregnant then you'd tell me that I could do it on my own and you would leave me alone."

I set him down once we got to the top of the stairs. " So what your saying is, you think i'm only treating you like this because your pregnant and for no other reason?" He just shook his head yes again and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Ok if that was true, which it isn't may I add!, Then please tell me what our first year of marriage was, and our honeymoon and our anniversary, heck how about the ways it's been ever since the day I rescued you!" I was beginning to get irritated by the way he was acting and thinking.

" Oh Shadow don't give me that! You always play that card! You expect me to just stop and think about all that and just stop an leap in your arms and forgive you! Well you know what Shady-Boy you didn't have to rescue me you know! I didn't just say 'Hey Shadow get your black ass over here and lend me a hand won't yay?' Now did I?"

Shady-Boy? What the hell he's never called me that and this is the first time since we've been married that he's actually called me by my name instead of one of his many nicknames that he has given me.

"WHAT THE HELL SONIC! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOUR ACTING REALLY WEIRD! THIS ISNT THE SONIC THAT I FELL IN LOVE WITH! AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHY I RESCUED YOU! I COULDN'T HAVE JUST LEFT YOU THERE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SURVIVED THE NIGHT IF YOU STAYED THERE!"I couldn't take it anymore I snapped Sonic was being absolutely ridiculous

"SO!" So?So! Couldn't believe what I was hearing! He just said 'so' like him
being brutally beaten and tortured and left to die wasn't a big deal.

"SO!! SONIC DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF? WHY WOULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT? IT'S LIKE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BE SAVED!!"

"MAYBE I DIDNT! DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT SMAT GUY! OH YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD ME ALL FIGURED OUT DIDN'T YOU? WELL THERE WAS ONE THING YOU DIDN'T LET SEEP INTO THAT THICK SKULL OF YOURS! IF I WANTED TO BE RESCUED AS BAD AS YOU SAY THAT I WANTED THEN WHY WASN'T I SCREAMING FOR HELP HUH? WHY WASN'T I JUST BEGGING HIM TO STOP? WHY WASN'T I JUST TRYING TO RUN AWAY WHEN HE RELEASED ME HUH? ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS MISTER SMART ASS!"

After that moment my anger just seemed to dissipate. I looked at him and then at the floor. 'Did he really not want to be rescued? But why would anyone want that type of stuff to happen to them? No wait stop thinking like that! This isn't Sonic talking! This isn't the one you married! This is just rage and anger talking! I can't let it get to me! I just can't!'

Sonic just started at me an watched me rack my brain back and forth trying to figure things out. He just frowned at me and balled his fists up and sighed," That's what I though. Not so smart now are you smart guy? You thought you knew everything. You thought you had all the answers. Well here's one you haven't got an answer to and won't ever have one!" and with those final words said he shed a single tear and ran outside into the chill brisk November air with no shoes, socks or gloves. The only thing he who're was a pair of blue plaid pajama pants and a green shirt.

I ran after him and followed him out the door. I followed him all the way into the woods and finally caught up to him and grabbed his arm. "SONIC PLEASE WAIT! Tell me what is bothering you I can help you please!" I begged as I squeezed him arm tighter.

He tried to tug at my arm trying to make me loosen my grip and gave up finally. He then turned away with his head down and sighed. " No one can help me." He then turned back around and faced me, his face was covered in tears," I'm sorry Shads I thought being with you would help me forget but for some reason it just makes things worse. I can't tell you what's the matter because you just won't understand. I'm not ready for any of this I thought I was but I just ain't anymore. I can't be a mom! I'm already a terrible wife! I'm just tired of being a disappointment to everyone! I can't do it anymore!"

"Sonic why are talking like that please just talk to me I can help you!" He just shook his head no slowly. He looked at me, his face was flooded with tears and he gave me a kiss on the cheek and whispered softly in my ear," Goodbye Shadow the Hedgehog." As he punched me in the gut making me collapse to the ground releasing his arm an gasping for air.

He then took this as his chance and sped off into the forest leaving me screaming his name as it echoed through the forest.

Sonic's POV
My heart shattered into a million pieces as I saw him fall to the ground gasping for breath.

I ran off into the woods before he could get back up. "I can't do it anymore! I'm sorry my love! I can't live with guilt anymore! I can't be a disappointment anymore! I can't live anymore! I don't deserve to live anymore!"

I cried this out to the shadows of the trees as I continued to run deeper into the woods. I clutched my stomach in one hand as I ran and whipped my tears with the other.

I couldn't help but stop when I heard my name echo through the trees. I knew it was Shadow begging for me to return back to his side but I couldn't.

Oh how I wish that this was all just a bad dream. I wished that I would wake up any moment, laying to next to Shadow and listen to his sweet soft breaths. I wished that I would be able to see our first born child and be able to hold him/ her my arms. But I can't. I couldn't. I wouldn't be good at it. I don't even know what I am doing.

I began to start running again. I ran for what felt like hours until I came to a halt and stared out at the unforgiving sea.

I looked down and stared at a steep cliff that dropped off into cold salty water below that welcomed you with sharp pointy rocks that was constantly getting sharper and sharper as they continued to be kissed my wave's tender love.

I wrapped my arms around my stomach and said my prayers begging my husband and my unborn child for my forgiveness. I peered down over the edge and then turned around.

I opened my arms out as if I was trying to hug the empty void that was consuming my soul. My world seemed to flash before my eyes as I began to lean back.

My feet were beginning to go off the ground as I was leaning back in the balls of my heels.

Soon all my guilt, all my pain and torment will be swallowed by the sea and I will finally be free.

I shed a final tear as a glimpse of Shadow popped up in me head. " I'm sorry my love I wish that I was what you wanted me to be," I whispered as my feet finally left the dirt and my body began to fall over the edge.

'So this is it. Finally. The end of Sonic the Hedgehog.' At least that's what I thought as the wind began to whistle through my quills as I fell but then it all abruptly stopped when I felt a jut and preside around my wrist.

"So you thought you could get away from me that easily didn't you blue?Hehe well I'm sorry but your sadly mistaken!"

I gasped as I opened my eyes as started at who had hauled my suicidal plan, my heart stopped and my blood ran cold. I couldn't believe who it was.

All I could do was scream.
----------------------------------------------Oooh cliffhanger! Literally! So who do you think saved Sonic from meeting the big blue leave your guesses in the comments and well see who was right.