Chapter 22

Narrator's POV
That night Shadow and Mia didn't leave Sonic's side. He didn't want to risk Sonic having another temper tantrum or panic attack or whatever that was.

He sat next to Sonic in a chair beside the hospital bed while Sonic held on the Mia as he peacefully slept in the bed.

The next day the couple were awoken early by a very anxious Mia. Her blue and black striped quills tickled Sonic's nose making him squeak out a sneeze waking him up from his slumber.

He sat up from bed groaning, stretching and arching his spine so his blue quills stuck straight out. He looked over at Shadow and chuckled at what he saw.

Shadow slept with his head rested neatly on top of his folded arms on top of the mattress. Mia had managed to crawl on top of his head and was now laying on her stomach swatting her hands at his nose and playing with his ears.

He eventually awoke a drop of slobber hit is nose making him almost jolt up but stopping once he felt a presence on his head.

He lifted his arms up over his head and removed his daughter from his head quills." Well good morning little one," he said as he held her out in front of him as she giggled and tried reaching for his nose again.

He took her and placed her in his arms as he finally noticed his drowsy lover watching him silently the entire time just smirking and enjoying the little show.

"Morning love, did we wake you?" Shadow said as he directed his attention to his husband. "No Hun you didn't I was awoken during Mia's little wake up call," Sonic replied as he leaned forward and tickled Mia's belly with his index finger then gave Shadow a quick kiss I the lips.

"So you finally ready to leave," Shadow asked as he handed Mia over to Sonic so he could have his turn of holding her. "Yes I can't wait to get out of this bland, boring, square shaped prison," he said referring to the white square shaped room with no decorations besides a painting of a sunflower on the far wall and a tv in the corner.

"Well I need to go check on a few things with the doctor to make sure your alright and then we'll get you checked out of here, how does that sound?" "To good to be true!" Sonic chuckled as he watched Shadow exit the room.

A few minutes later, Shadow had finally managed to reach the front desk after having a long conversation with the doctor about all the do's and don'ts for when they get home. The list was very specific.

He said that Sonic had to get plenty of rest and not move around to much. He also said the he couldn't run to much and he shouldn't put to much strain on his body or he might tear or strain something, and worst of all they couldn't have any type of sexual intercourse for at least three weeks. Shadow didn't know if he could wait that long but he knew he would try to restrain himself for Sonic's sake.

He finally managed to sign him out though and wheeled him home in a wheelchair since they didn't want him walking yet.

Sonic was very happy to be back home once Shadow pushed the chair through the front door. Sonic took a deep inhale and sighed," Ahhh home sweet home. There's no place id rather be huh Shads?" He looked behind him with a large grin on his face to see his lover returning it with a grin.

Shadow leaned forward and kissed his lover in the lips," Yes love home wasn't the same without you here," here replied earning a deep blush and a purr from Sonic.

He picked up the now sleeping Mia that Sonic was holding in his arms the entire trip and went upstairs to her room and layer her in her crib. He then came back down and scooped Sonic up out of his wheelchair, carefully so as not to ham him at all, and rested him in their bed.

"You should rest now dear, doctor's orders" he then pulled the blankets up and covered Sonic up. His reply to this was a groan from his lover but he then obliged to his request and fell soundly asleep without another peep.

Still tired from his early wake up call Shadow wrapped his arms around Sonic and fell to sleep at well happy to be able to have his one and only back in his arms again.
------------------------------------Hey guys sorry this one was so short. I promise the better ideas I get the more longer and action packed the chapters will be. Till then comment any ideas are questions you guys have

~see ya later