Chapter 20 Part 2

Shadow's POV
My head fell in my hands as I stared at the floor with a shocked expression on my face. My brain had accepted the position Sonic was in but my heart wouldn't process what the doctor had just told me.

Not only did one of my pups not survive the birth but Sonic's life was now on the line as well.

The doctor had carefully described the predicament to me. He had said the while Sonic was giving birth to the second pup that she had unexpectantly turned  around making herself get stuck inside Sonic and also strangling herself with her inviolable cord.

Therefore they had to preform an emergency c- section  to remove the baby before it caused Sonic any harm, but by the time they reached the child it was limp and had already strangled itself to death while still inside of him.

The doctor had also mentioned that the birth had caused quite a bit of damage to Sonic as well. He said his body was not properly adjusted to the requirements of giving birth so when the first pup came out his insides nearly came out with it almost killing him.

He said they managed to save the first pup and it is well and healthy in the nursery and that Sonic had been moved to a different room to be operated on.

He said that they tried all that they could and that Sonic was now unconscious in his room sleeping off the operation while the doctors and nurses waited to see if he would recover.

When his talking finally subsided I lifted my head up asked if I could see him and my pup. He nodded his head and lead me to the nursery first.

The nurse handed me my baby girl. She was beautiful. She had her mother's beautiful blue quills and stripes that were black like me with my crimson red eyes.

She stared up at me as if she was confused to see me and then smiled and grabbed onto my nose making me smile.

I then followed the doctor out of the nursery with my newborn daughter wrapped in a pink blanket in my arms.

We finally made it Sonic's room where he rested on a hospital bed hooked up to life support machine, and a clear bag with some sort of liquid that pumped fluids into his body.

I thanked the doctor as he left the room giving me, Sonic and our daughter the privacy we needed.

I pulled up a chair next to his bed and held his hand fighting back the tears. " Hey sweetheart," I spoke with all my heart as I looked at his unconscious body.

"There is someone here who wants to see you," I then set the baby in his arms as if expecting him to cradle his child. " I haven't named her yet becasue i knew that was something you wanted to do together so ill wait till your awake," my voice started to crack as i watched our daughter begin to coo and kick and whine as if gripping to her mother telling him to wake up and hold her already.

I finally sobbed into my hands as my heart finally caught up with me head in processing all this and shattered into a million pieces.

I sobbed for a while until my daughter seemed to notice the pain I was in a began to whimper.  I picked he up an cradled her in my arms again and rocked her till she fell asleep. I then locked back at Sonic.

I stood up and kissed his forehead as I turned around and headed to the door. I opened the door and looked back at my sleeping husband. "I will wait for you I promise you that," I then closed the door and chose controlled the baby and me home till it was time to visit my sleeping beauty again.
------------------------------------Hey guys sorry this chapter is so short and sad. I'll make the next one at normal length I promise!! Until then enjoy the chapter and also I was thinking that I could use some help in deciding names for the baby. So if you can drop a message and tell me what you think it should be. Thxs guys and I hope to hear a lot of comments from you guys. If not then what evs I can think of my own :p bye guys!!!^_^