Chapter 23

Before I start I want to dedicate this chapter to shadslover1216. Ok let's get to it.
------------------------------------
Narrator's POV
It's a bright peaceful morning, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the ground is covered in a nice layer of thick winter snow. It's been a good month since Sonic was finally brought back home, and today Shadow was very excited for some reason.

He woke up early that morning and, even though he wasn't suppose to, ran downstairs to the telephone. He called his most dear and trusted friend Rouge the bat to ask if she could babysit Mia for the day since he had a big day planned. When she accepted he squealed in excitement and thanked her over and over.

He then quickly hung up and clicked  his  heels all the way to the kitchen to prepare a very big breakfast for Sonic and himself.

He had just finished decorating the table when a knock on the door interrupted him. He grabbed Mia from her play pen and dashed over to the door where Rouge was waiting. He thanked her again as he handed her a diaper bag full of berthing they would need for the day and kissed Mia on the forehead waving goodbye as they walked off.

Shadow then zipped up the stairs back to their bedroom where Sonic was still sleeping. He tip toed in ever so quietly to the bed, then pounced on the sleeping hedgie surprising him quite a bit.

Sonic's POV
I was in the middle of a very beautiful and romantic dream when it felt like a large sack of potatoes fell on top of me.

I quickly jolted open my eyes to see a pair of glistening emerald greens ones returning my surprised gaze. He bent down and gave me a unexpected deep but passionate kiss, which I gladly retuned once I wrapped my head around what was going on.

"Morning Sonikku!" He said once he pulled away from the kiss for air. "Morning ShadyKu what was that for?" I said as he sat back up allowing me to sit up.

He just smirked and bit his lower lip looking me up and down. Hi eyes seemed to glow with the idea that was forming in his head. This confused me greatly,' Hmm I wonder what's going through that pretty head of his?' I thought as he jumped off my lap and grabbed my wrist pulling me out of bed.

"Honey where are we going now?" I questioned trying my hardest not to fall down the stairs as he dragged me down. "It's a surprise you'll just have to wait and see now close your eyes!" He sounded like a little toddler by the all the excitement that was in his voice.

I waited till we were at the bottom of the stairs before closing my eyes. He went behind me and put his hands over my eyes just to make sure I didn't peek.

'What in the world is he so excited about?!' I thought as he led me into a room that I could tell was the kitchen when I felt the carpet floor turn into tile and I could smell something delicious.

He uncovered my hands standing next to table. "Tada!" He said as he did jazz hands at the large breakfast he had prepared. He pulled up a chair and gently but very forcefully pushed me into it making  me sit down at the table.

He pushed a large stack of pancakes over to my lap with a small candle sticking out of it. In maple syrup was the works 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIKKU!!!'on it. He sat down on my lap and kissed my cheek as he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Shadow how did you know today was my birthday I never told you?" He just giggled at this," I know you didn't but the paperwork you filled out at the hospital did," he grinned at his cleverness.

I wrapped my arms around his waste giving him a big smooch then hugged him," Thanks ShadyKu this is the best birthday ever," he then began chuckling again," Sonic what are you talking about your birthday hasn't even began yet?"