Chapter 20 Part 1

Sonic's POV
We had been running for what felt like hours now. The sun, which was high and bright in the sky, was now low and snuggled itself over the horizon dyeing the sky in several shades of orange, yellow,pink, and dark blue. 

Shadow held me close to his chest and showed no sign of stopping anytime soon as he continued to run over hills and swerve in between trees and over rocks.

I was still greatly confused and had idea where we were going, but I knew wherever it was it would be fine as long as he was by my side the entire time.

The twins began to get active from me not moving  for so long and it made me feel nauseated and put me in a great deal of pain.

I began to moan and groan and try to relax my antsy duo but slightly twisting and turning with no prevail. Shadow noticed my discomfort and finally decided to speak. Something he hadn't done since we started running. 

"Sonikku are you alright? Do we need to stop?" My only answer to this quite obvious question was a nod of my head and a loud groan.

We screeched to a stop in an unknown part of the forest. He sat me down on a soft patch of grass where I layed on my back and stretched my stiff body. I groaned though as the twins began to get rowdy and this started to squirm and kick me. I yelped as the pair surged through my body making me jolt.

Shadow once again noticed my discomfort and made himself comfortable next to me. He then began to rub my stomach and back in small circles causing the rambunctious twins to settle and finally giving me some much needed relief.

I sighed as I was finally able to relax and turned over on my side facing Shadow. He returned my look and turned on his side facing me.

Our eyes locked for a while as we sat in complete silence playing a never ending game of stare contest. I was lost in a wonder of sweet dark crimson as I scooted closer to him and he did the same.

Once I got closer he pulled me up to his chest in a warm embrace held me there for a while as I snuggled to his chest eventually falling asleep.

Shadow's POV
I couldn't help but chuckle at seeing my blue counterpart fighting a loosing battle to stay awake in my arms.

His eyes finally fluttered close as he snuggled his face in my chest. All that could be heard was the wind blowing around and his small snores as he slept.

I had been waiting for this moment for a while. The sun had finally set and I was fully rested and ready to go. I knew that with Sonic being asleep he would be a lot more comfortable during the travel. So I scooped him up in my arms and continued my journey deeper into the woods.

~Time Skip~

It felt like forever since Sonic wasn't conscious at the time to keep me company but we finally made it.

The sun was just starting to rise in the distance so I dashed up a hill to get the perfect view as the suns ray hit it perfectly. I didn't want to disturb him by part of me wanted to share this beautiful moment with Sonic and show him the new place where we were going to be staying.

So I began to shake my arms that cradled him so gently until he began to stir and finally open his hazy but still beautiful emerald eyes.

"What's the matter Shads?" He asked with a tired voice as I let him down to stand. He leaned against me, still tired, for support as he woke up more.

"Sonic I wanted you to see this," I said as I turned his body so he could see the view. He gasped at the sight as any sleepiness that was left just vanished like it was never there.