Chapter 11

Sonic's POV
Well a month has officially passed. I am now officially one month pregnant an it's starting to show. I now have a small little baby bump right in my lower abdomen about the size of a fanny pack.

The morning sickness still occurs every know and then but bit as much and as bad as it was. I'm always hungry and I noticed that I'm starting to eat in greater portion sizes, and from what Shadow says my moods seem to fluctuate a lot but I thinks it's rubbish and he doesn't know what he talking about.

The bump itself is only really noticeable when I wear the right kind of shirt though, like one of my muscle shirts for instance, or any type of shirt that hugs my figure.

A lot of things has happened in this short period of time. Shadow and I have told all of our closet friends about the baby and everyone was super excited... well that is everyone except for Amy. I wish she would move on!

Any -whos a bunch of other things have happened to. Shadow decided that we needed more things for the baby so he/she could have everything it needed so he decided to get a job at a place called GUN as a secret weapon.

I'm super happy for him but I just really wish he didn't have to work so much, I am really starting to miss him. His job is always keeping him busy. He leaves early in the morning, before the sun even rises and doesn't come home till dark or sometimes not at all!

Recently for the past two weeks, he has been staying two to three nights at a time on secret missions and stuff like that. He tries to call when he can but I'm really starting to miss him being around.

Sometimes at night I sleep on his side of the bed so I can snuggle up with his pillows and wear his favorite shirt so I can smell his sweet scent and make it seem like he is home sleeping with me so I'm not alone.

The anxiety I have with him not being here is just so terrible. Sometimes I cant even sleep at night, because I miss him so much. I've also began to not bathe and eat as much as I use to because I just don't have the motivation to do it anymore. The only reason I still way the little I am now is becasue i still have to think of the little one inside of me.

But tonight is not going to be one of those nights though because a few hours ago I got a call from him saying that he was finally going to be able to come home after a long four day mission.

I was so happy and excited that I squeezed with joy and anticipation into the speaker of the phone earning a chuckle from him on the other end.

So that is where I am right now. I'm sitting on the couch in the living room with my hands folded in my lap twiddling my thumbs and staring at the door waiting and counting every second.

I had been waiting for about an hour when I saw a pair of headlights shine through the living room window. My tail began to wag and my heart rate started to speed up and I began to shake with eagerness and excitement as I heard the faint sound of a motorcycle engine shutting off and the shuffle feet going up the steps of our small front porch.

Everything seemed to pass by in slow motion as a very tired Shadow opened the front door and barely took a step inside before I pounced on him screaming his name and wrapping my arms around his neck in a death grip.

He held on to me as we fell to floor with me landing on top of him and attacking his faces with kisses.

Shadow's POV
Wow I had just gotten home and I absolutely wasn't expecting this at all. I had just opened the door as I returned home from a four day mission and was walking through the front door and had barely got through when Sonic lunged at me.

I was astonished as he sent us both to the floor and began to attack me with hugs and kisses all over my neck and face.

He finally let me breath when he stood up off me and allowed me to stand up as well. I put my arm around his waist and guided him over to the couch so I could settle him down a bit.

And that's when the talking started. "Oh ShadyKu I missed you so much! Four days is way to long!" He says as he hugged my neck again and barring his face in my chest.

"I know I'm sorry darling but I have good news," he lifted his head up and looked at me as his tail started to wag. "Oh what's is it Shads?!?" I chuckled as he bounced up and down on the couch waiting for my answer.

" The first one is a surprise so close your eyes and hold our your hands," I said as I reached into the leather jacket I was wearing and pulled out a plastic bag. He hesitantly shut his eyes and held out his hands.

I put the bag in his hands and told him to open them. He looked at it confused and then began to open it. He gasped as he pulled out a little black box and opened up seeing a stone a single stone split in half forming two necklaces. One side was green with a black thin rope as a chain, while the other side was red with the same type of rope as the other. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes as I helped him put the red one on.

"What's the colors mean Shads?" He asked as he admired the red necklace now around his neck in a small mirror.
"Well Sonikku the red one represents me becasue I always want to be around you even when I can't, and the green is the one for me. It reminds me of your beautiful emerald green eyes that I can't get enough of. " I smirked as he blushed and helped me with my necklace.

" Well Shads these are beautiful and I don't think I could have ever asked for a better gift from anybody!" He then leaned in and gave me a deep loving and passionate kiss and then say in my lap and rested his head on my chest as he started to played with the crimson stone.

I was happy to see he liked my gift but this was also when I got a chance to get a good look at him to.

He had dark blue bags under his eyes and his fur was slightly matted and sort of unkept and he had a bit of an odor almost like he hadn't washed in a few days. He was also wearing my favorite shirt, a black Harley Motorcycle Tshirt with a skull and crossbones on it.

I then began to hug his waist and could feel a slight bit of hip bone that I shouldn't be able to feel. Actually his while body seems a little more thinner then it was when I left.

I knew what this was thanks to the book, but I still wasn't comfortable with this. I thought that he would be strong and not sink into his depression because he missed me but I guess I was wrong. I began to feel terrible as I lifted his head up, I wanted to hear his explanation and possibly also how I could fix it if possible.