Chapter 3

• Dedicated to ALL TIME LOW FANS!

 Well here it is. I spent day going over this chapter trying to perfect it. I wrote and rewrote it until I finally deemed it worthy. Tell me what you think, leave a comment below. . .  

This chapter is dedicated to the ALL TIME LOW fans around the world. All Time Low is my favourite band and so this chapter is dedicated to all the people who wrote on my wall telling me they're All Time Low fans too. - I know RANDOM dedication, but whatever. . .  

ENJOY

My eyes fluttered open and I let out a giant yawn. I don’t know why, but there was a pounding in my head, my foot throbbed and my stomach ached. I closed my eyes blocking out the morning light and stretched out my arms to shift to my side trying to get comfortable. The bed was really soft and sturdy at the same time. I opened my eyes once more to look out at the sparkling white sand on the long narrow beach. Wait. Beach? But that’s not what freaked me out though. What really got me was that my bed kept moving up and down.

I cautiously got up and warily glanced down to what I lay on. A dark haired boy lay sprawled under me, his eyes shining with amusement and wearing a lopsided grin. And I did what any normal girl would do in a situation like this. I screamed my lungs out. 

“Whoa, whoa!” he said trying to crawl out from underneath me, waving his hands in my face, “what are you screaming for? It’s only me.” He put one arm out behind his back supporting him and rubbed the back of his neck with the other.

“No, no, no. This cannot be happening,” I murmured sitting up on my knees. All of last night’s events rushed through my head in a blur. It all seemed like too much to be true. It couldn’t be true. Everyone on flight 21. . . was gone. I looked up to see the dark haired boy in front of me. He sat watching me intently with his dark eyes, waiting for my next move.  

“Did anyone else make it off the plane?” I asked him quietly though I could already guess the answer. I looked up to meet his fixated eyes still on me, watching vigilantly. He seemed calm considering the topic.

“Not that I know of,” he shrugged. “But I don’t think anyone made it off.” Even if I didn’t know anyone on that plane personally, I still felt bad knowing that they were probably dead and their loved ones would suffer and would never see them again. The dark haired boy on the other hand, was the exact opposite. All his actions and words were normal and he showed no sign that he had just survived a plane crash.

“Did you hit your head or something when we fell out of that plane?” I wondered without thinking. He rolled his dark eyes smiling at my bluntness. I really needed to learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes.

“No, I don’t think so,” he said running his hands through his slightly damp jet black hair, “any particular reason you’re asking.” His expression turned into a dazzling smile and I couldn’t help but feel proud that I had caused that.

“Nope,” I answered popping my ‘p’. “Just wondering if you’re always this annoyingly calm,” I said looking away from him, talking more to myself than to him. I looked around trying to take in our surroundings.

We lay on a long strip of beach that seemed like it ran as far as the eye could see. The ocean water cascaded along the sand continuing from all around us. Behind us was a large jungle which seemed to carry on for miles around. From what I could make out we were on a rather large island in the middle of nowhere.