Chapter 7

Dedicated to someone whose comment made me smile, thanks :)

okay this chapter needs some serious editing, but hey,

Enjoy :)

I didn’t know what to expect when I got on the plane, whether or not I could handle it. Was it going to be gory like I thought it would or would it be as though everyone was asleep instead? I decided to just keep quiet and follow Trent, keeping my eyes to the ground.

“You’re not looking are you?” he asked from in front. We walked slowly through the entrance of the broken plane. The plane was laminated by the light of the setting sun which was just enough to see the room we were in.

“No I’m not looking,” I said rolling my eyes. “And if it bothers you that much, why don’t you go up ahead and check everything out. I’ll wait here,” I compromised. Okay so even if I still really wanted to check out the plane I was turning into a huge wuss and seriously freaking out. It’s all Trent’s fault too! If he didn’t mention all the dead people probably on the plane this wouldn’t be happening.

“Seriously?” he asked incredulously. “Your actually gonna stay here? And you’ll just wait?” I nodded my head and rolled my eyes again. “Wow,” he said stunned, “if only you were always this easy, my life would be so much easier.”

“Yeah yeah, now go,” I said pushing him forward, “and don’t take too long or I swear I will come after you!” He flashed me his trademark smirk lighting up his black eyes, and vanished through the door ahead that lead to the aisles. “Okay all I have to do now is wait. That’s easy enough.”    

I leaned on the busted door taking the time to gaze at my surroundings. It was complete chaos to put it bluntly. There was broken glass on the floor from the shattered windows around me and papers scattered everywhere. Food stained the carpeted flooring and the lights were broken above me. But the one thing that caught my attention right away was the smell. You’d think it smell like rotting from the bodies that probably lied ahead but given the time span of 2 days that isn’t really enough time to decompose something. No, instead it smelled like metal and salt. Like a spice filled the air around. I knew right away what the source of the smell was. Blood.

The fresh smell of blood pierced the air. It didn’t necessarily smell bad but it didn’t smell good either. It smelled a lot like the cleaner they used for bathrooms. Like chemicals and salt but still a soft aroma around it.

All the blood could only mean one thing. The people on the plane were definitely dead. At least they didn’t have to endure any pain. Obviously they started bleeding after they died. Tears filled the edges of my eyes. The closest person I’ve lost was my grandmother, and even then we weren’t even that close. I couldn’t imagine what the relatives of these people were going through. I wonder if my parents even knew about the plane crash. And if they did, did they care?

Thousands of people die every day. People don’t make this big of a deal of it, I thought sniffling. I have to get over this, so I can’t cry, what good is that going to do! I have to be strong. Oh god I sound stupid, I thought rolling my eyes.