Chapter 26

Oh man I had a lot of fun reading the comments of the last chapter, everyone was so ticked off that Seth kissed her before Trent, 

oh your comments make me chuckle ;)

anyways next chapter, 

ENJOY, 

I repeated Seth’s words in my head. We could be off this island in just a few hours. We could be back to civilization in a matter of days. I didn’t know exactly how to feel about that. Relieved of course, I didn’t plan on spending the rest of my life here on this forsaken island, but still there was that odd feeling that something was wrong.

But I suppose something was wrong. I would never get to see Trent again after this. I don’t know why it bothered me so much but it did. A slow glum feeling washed over me as the thought unravelled in my head. After a few days, me and Trent would be no more than a memory passing by. I almost cried right there at the thought but held myself together. I would not cry for any boy, let alone Trent, especially when he was standing right here in front me. 

I couldn’t help but sneak another look up to Trent who was now frowning at me. “What’s wrong?” he asked with black eyes sparkling. “Remember I can feel it through the bond,” he added before I could lie and say I was alright.

“Never mind,” I mumbled hoping he’d drop it. “Seth,” I said turning my attention back to the blonde haired boy who was now looking between me and Hadrian. He gave me a knowing smile that reminded me I was still pressed up against Trent’s chest.

Silently I pulled away, this time Hadrian allowed me to though he looked annoyed by my sudden action. I pulled my hair back over my shoulder hiding the bite marks he made making Hadrian look even more put off.

“Hey Seth,” I called out feeling uncomfortable by the glare Trent was giving me, “how about we go find Keaira and wait,” I suggested hoping he would go along with it so I could get away.

Hadrian looked over at him warningly but he nodded anyway. “Yeah,” he said smirking. “Let’s go then.” I audibly sighed in relief and ran to Seth quickly. He slipped his arm over my shoulders making me look at him oddly. He just smiled and pulled me into the forest laughing quietly.

I studied Seth’s profile out of the corner of my eye instantly noticing the dark purple bruises on his neck were almost completely faded. Right, they heal faster than normal. There demons, I reminded myself. Even with the constant reminders their powers always caught me off guard.

He pushed past the thick branches and foliage making our way to who knows where. I followed silently wishing the sun would go down faster so we could leave this place. I really wasn’t going to miss being stuck in a jungle in the middle of nowhere. Seth easily moved the branches taking the larger ones that were in our way off the tree trunks completely.

“I’m really glad he didn’t kill me for that,” he said chuckling to himself. By now I was beyond confused so I just shook my head at him. “So you don’t like Hadrian huh?” he said smirking with the same knowing smile on his face. His voice dripped with sarcasm and he looked at me skeptically.