Chapter 15

Upload time.

Then I go on vacation, and die of heat :D 

He looked up at me and even from the distance I could see all I needed to see. The red liquid dripped down in thin lines against his tanned skin. The dark red tint was gleaming from his forehead down but was prominently outlined against his mouth. His chin was dripping with the liquid leading in thick pathways to his shirt staining it with the colour.

There was no denying it. Seth was covered in blood and it wasn’t his own either.

Puddles were forming around him dripping into the ground and seeping into the water. My eyes followed the liquid to footsteps behind, leading from the forest to where Seth currently stood. There was too much blood to believe that whosever blood it was, is still alive.

My gaze lifted up slightly to focus back to Seth. His face looked horrified. His brows were twisted in confusion and his hair mopped his forehead by the sticky blood. His mouth was slightly agape revealing a set of sparkling narrow teeth covered thickly in the blood.

The only movement I could make was walking back slowly the way I came. I couldn’t make myself break into a run as much as I wanted to. My eyes never broke contact with Seth’s for a second. I moved my hands backwards feeling for the trees behind me. I needed to get away was all I could think. I needed to run, hide, take cover or anything. I just couldn’t stay.

I had to get back to Hadrian, a small voice told me. I had to get back. He told me to stay away, he knew something like this would happen. That could only mean he was right about this again. I never listen to him even when I know I should.

Seth seemed to zone back into reality and closed his still ajar mouth and stood up straight, standing tall. My eyes widened as I took in the claw and bite marks ripped into his shirt by his stomach.

He took a step, motioning to try to get closer and that was enough to zap me back into my senses. I turned around spinning on my heel and put my leg forward to make a run only to be lifted up by my waist and held steadily by two clamped hands.

I opened my mouth readying myself to cry out and a loud scream echoed through the jungle. Only it wasn’t mine. The high pitched scream emanated shaking its way into my ears. Seth tightened his hold on me and I started tossing around in his arms.

“Fuck. I’m gonna hear a whole lot of shit for this,” he muttered to himself. I squirmed in his arms trying to get away from him. The blood that was soaked into his shirt was staining mine and covering my hair. “Would you mind holding still for a fucking second, I have a whole lot of more important shit to deal with right now.”

I cringed at his icy tone and kept still. I turned my head to the side and looked up at him as he stared coldly straight at me. I winced and tried to move farther away from him but he wouldn’t let me.

“Look it would really help me if you just stayed still and didn’t move cause I’m in serious trouble right now and you’re not helping with the situation at all,” he explained his face contorted to a plain stare.